cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will DCU deny auto loan because of Fraud Alert?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Will DCU deny auto loan because of Fraud Alert?

I'm in the process of applying for a car through DCU, and I was wondering will I be automatically denied due to fraud alert? I just had it removed today, but it takes up to 48hrs to take affect.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Re: Will DCU deny auto loan because of Fraud Alert?

I'm not sure how or if that would have any effect on the process. It could force them to go a bit more out of their way to identify you though, if the alert is still in place at that time.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think I may just may be patient and wait the two days😑
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't know about DCU, but when hubby and I got our truck financed thru Cap1 they called and asked hubby some verification questions. After that all was good
Message 4 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Fraud alerts require that a prospective creditor must personally contact the consumer prior to establishing any new or extended credit.

It does not bar new credit, it requires that creditors contact the consumer to ensure that he or she actually initiated the request.

See FCRA 605A for details.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.