Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will Not Do PFD B?C Previously Disputed

tag
SouthernGirl819
Valued Member

Will Not Do PFD B?C Previously Disputed

I have 2 medical bills from the same collection agency on my EQ & EX reports. I sent the company a PFD request that they ignored. So, I called them up today to discuss payment. I was told that they would report the accounts as paid to the CRA but they will not delete because the items were previoulsy disputed. Has anyone heard of this foolishness???

Beginning Scores: EQ 487 EP 527 TU 567 June 2013
Updated EQ Score: 524 as of 07/09/13
Updated Scores: FAKO - EQ 553 EX 595 TU 610
FICO EQ 501 EX 580
Goal: 700+ club
I'm Motivated!!! Thanks to all member's of myFICO!
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Will Not Do PFD B?C Previously Disputed

Some CAs take things personally.  Yes, I have heard of it.

Did you send a DV or dispute with the CRAs?

Message 2 of 10
SouthernGirl819
Valued Member

With the CRA. It came back verified so I did a PFD. I assumed it was mine but I wasn't sure. They are both medical bills for my daughter.

FICO EQ 501 EX 580
Message 3 of 10
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Kinda stupid for them to even have given you any reason.  If your dispute raised a legtimate issue of accuracy, it was your statutory right to dispute.

I presume your dispute had some legitimate basis, and was not frivolous or irrelevant due to lack or any support for asserting an inaccuracy.

Their statement wreaks of vindictiveness based on a totally proper action on your part.

You might send a formal complaint to the FTC/CFPB, not asserting any violation of the FCRA on their part, but apparent discrimination for having exercised your rights under the FCRA to require that they investigate a legitimate assertion of an inaccuracy.  It appears to be an attempt to dissuade consumers from exercising their legitimate rights.

At least make them respond to the formal complaint, and explain their vindictiveness......

Message 4 of 10
guiness56
Epic Contributor

^^^^^^^100% agree with this!

It is your right to question whether or not an account belongs to you.

Message 5 of 10
madmann26
Valued Contributor

@RobertEG wrote:

Kinda stupid for them to even have given you any reason.  If your dispute raised a legtimate issue of accuracy, it was your statutory right to dispute.

I presume your dispute had some legitimate basis, and was not frivolous or irrelevant due to lack or any support for asserting an inaccuracy.

Their statement wreaks of vindictiveness based on a totally proper action on your part.

You might send a formal complaint to the FTC/CFPB, not asserting any violation of the FCRA on their part, but apparent discrimination for having exercised your rights under the FCRA to require that they investigate a legitimate assertion of an inaccuracy.  It appears to be an attempt to dissuade consumers from exercising their legitimate rights.

At least make them respond to the formal complaint, and explain their vindictiveness......

I think this is the first time I've Robert post something that started with "Kinda stupid......". ROFL. It gave me a chuckle.

On topic,

Robert is 110% correct. We are the consumers and we have the right (protected rights albeit) to challenge anything on our CR's that we feel is inaccurate.

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 6 of 10
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Yes, we do.  And to verbally hold that against you could cost them money.

Message 7 of 10
SouthernGirl819
Valued Member

Thanks for the advice! I will try contacting them again. If that does not work, I'll go the FTC.

FICO EQ 501 EX 580
Message 8 of 10
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@SouthernGirl819 wrote:

Thanks for the advice! I will try contacting them again. If that does not work, I'll go the FTC.

I would do the CFPB also.  FTC doesn't answer individual complaints whereas the CFPB does.

Message 9 of 10
nitrov
Established Contributor

@SouthernGirl819 wrote:

I have 2 medical bills from the same collection agency on my EQ & EX reports. I sent the company a PFD request that they ignored. So, I called them up today to discuss payment. I was told that they would report the accounts as paid to the CRA but they will not delete because the items were previoulsy disputed. Has anyone heard of this foolishness???

I just sent 2 GW's to 2 diff CA's for medical and I have the strange feeling I'm going to get the same response. If you end up filing a complaint, please do let us know how it goes. 

My Top 3: Amex Delta Platinum ($30k) | Amex PRG | Citi Prestige ($30k) |

Starting scores 600-640 (2013), current 765-775 (2019); It is possible!

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.