Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will TMobile remove collection if PIF

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Will TMobile remove collection if PIF

I got a phone for a friend they default leaving $300+ on my account has anyone have any success in having T-Mobile remove collection from credit report if paid in full can share some tip how to go about
I’m a Newbie
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
silver_idle
Established Contributor

Re: Will TMobile remove collection if PIF

@Anonymous wrote:
I got a phone for a friend they default leaving $300+ on my account has anyone have any success in having T-Mobile remove collection from credit report if paid in full can share some tip how to go about
I’m a Newbie

T-Mobile, much like Verizon, might be stubborn when it comes to doing a PFD. Wont hurt to try though (though hopefully you now know never to get phones under contract for a friend while having it under your name). If they refuse to budge, might be best to pay it off and submit GW letters. Before paying, try reaching out to their executive office to see if such a deal can be made. 

Message 2 of 5
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

If T-Mobile still owns the debt. Go to a local store and ask to have the collections removed in leiu of payment.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FireMedic1 wrote:

If T-Mobile still owns the debt. Go to a local store and ask to have the collections removed in leiu of payment.

I agree to try this method, it has worked for me in the past with Sprint. But different carriers, different rules.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there any contact email or number can send me for T-Mobile
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.