Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will chase refuse service even after rebuild

tag
AZEsq
Regular Contributor

Re: Will chase refuse service even after rebuild

Chase and AMEX have LOOOONG memories. I burned a lot of ccs in 2006 when I got downsized and paid all of them in full, including Chase, about 2 years later because I had Chase, AMEX, Discover & Cap 1 and my financial advisor friend told me that if you burn AMEX and Chase, you'll never get another card with them (and I only owed Cap 1 a whopping $300 and discover $1,000)...it took me whoo, 8 years to get another Chase card and 7 for AMEX and I had paid them in full. So, I can only imagine if you don't. 

Message 11 of 12
coreysw12
Valued Contributor

Re: Will chase refuse service even after rebuild

@AZEsq wrote:

Chase and AMEX have LOOOONG memories. I burned a lot of ccs in 2006 when I got downsized and paid all of them in full, including Chase, about 2 years later because I had Chase, AMEX, Discover & Cap 1 and my financial advisor friend told me that if you burn AMEX and Chase, you'll never get another card with them (and I only owed Cap 1 a whopping $300 and discover $1,000)...it took me whoo, 8 years to get another Chase card and 7 for AMEX and I had paid them in full. So, I can only imagine if you don't. 

Mileage varies on this, for sure. It only took 5 months for me to get another Chase card after settling for less Smiley Very Happy I wish I knew what makes Chase so much faster to forgive some people, versus others. Only thing I can think is that it comes down to each person's history with Chase.

Total Loan Balance: $43k / $65k

Total SL: $78k

United 1K - 725,000 lifetime flight miles    |    Chase Status: 4/24
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.