cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will collection be removed if OC is paid?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Will collection be removed if OC is paid?

My fiancé had an account with cox cable that was sent to convergent outsourcing for collection. The account is past the SOL. I’m trying to negotiate a settlement with cox because convergent has been terrible to try and work with and won’t do a PFD. If cox is paid directly will the convergent collection remain on his credit report or can it be removed?
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Will collection be removed if OC is paid?

Just to add to my original question...

Convergent will settle but says they won’t do PFD
COX won’t settle, but if I pay them, I think the collection will be removed.

Am I better off paying cox the full amount or should we try to get convergent to PFD.

I don’t want to pay cox and then it not get rid of the collection reporting.
Message 2 of 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

The collection will only be removed if they agree to a PFD or you get the OC to recall the collector in exchange for payment on the account as this move would terminate the collectors collection authority and per CRA rules they would be bound to remove their entry.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ive had sucess getting the original creditor to recall the debt and paying them the full amount. After paying the OC, I dispute with credit report to have the reporting from the debt collector removed with proof of payment. 

Im also have a collection from Convergent outsourcing. It is an old tmobille bill in the amount of 3,790. i dont have that amount right now. Im hoping that tmobile will agree to a settlement and recall the debt. I never tried to settle with the OC before. Im worried that they will not accept it, but it doesnt hurt to try!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.