Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will this hurt or help me?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Will this hurt or help me?

So on my CR it's currently showing 12 "New Accounts" (I think from the last 3 years are considered "new") most of them are student loans because they do them in small increments for whatever reason.

Sometime in the next month (whenever they get reported to the bureaus) a lot more will be added.

Yet to be reported:
Wells Fargo AU (card with good history and open 7 years)
Chase AU (freedom)
Chase AU (slate)
Capital One Secured
Kohl's Credit Card
Target Credit Card
Victoria's Secret Credit Card

Those are what should be reported coming up soon whenever they get around to reporting them. Thoughts? (And yes I realize no more apps for a bit in staying in the garden).
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Will this hurt or help me?

(Also I haven't had any open trade lines aside from student loans on my CR for the last 5 years, no credit cards or anything) So I'm hoping this will greatly improve my scores.
Message 2 of 7
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

Depending on how hard your AAoA gets hit it might not be a big score increase but should be something.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well 1 of the accounts is 7 years that's twice the age of my current oldest account. I'll keep updated. It's been weird bumps with my scores like I've gotten a 15 point bump with a secured personal loan even though I have like 13 student loans out already so it didn't help my mix.
Message 4 of 7
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

1 new account can knock that 7 years down to 3.5 years AAoA. That's why I said it might not be a big boost. Hopefully it will though
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

My AAoA right now is 1 year Smiley Sad
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

It may not be a huge help right away, but that is a great start for building a big future. Smiley Happy Your credit report has a key element that you are trying to skip (or inflate with the AUs)... TIME! Just care for those cards that you are starting out with and you will have  a great score very soon. Be the turtle, not the hare. Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.