Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

William W. Siegel and Associates collecting debt from T-Mobile

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

William W. Siegel and Associates collecting debt from T-Mobile

Sometime in the spring of 2006 I closed my T-Mobile account and went to a different provider.  I pulled my monthly 3 in 1 from a differnet monitoring service and found a new collections from William W. Siegel and Associates for a rather small amount.  I'm completely willing to pay but I can't seem to find anything about this law firm anywhere.  I figure I will start by calling T-Mobile tomorrow to see if I acutally had a balance on the account and who is collecting if I do.

I have not received any calls, no letters or any other attempts to collect from T-Mobile or any collections agencies in the last 4 years regarding a T-Mobile account.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: William W. Siegel and Associates collecting debt from T-Mobile

Yes, start by contacting the OC.  If you do owe them, see if they will accept payment and recall the account from the CA.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi I was wondering did you ever hear back from them? I actually faxed this same collection agency collecting for tmobile a dv letter via fax and they sent me a letter stating they will no longer report and 2 days later they were deleted. I can inbox you the fax number if you are still having any issues, just pm me.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I actually called and contacted this same agency about an issue I had with a T-mobile account. They said they would delete everything off my report completely and send me an email and a letter in the mail once everything was paid. Do you still have that afax number, just in case they do not stand true to their word?

Thank you so much in advance!

Message 4 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

This is the very reason for the existence of FDCPA 809(a)...... to make sure that consumers are made aware of the initiation of active debt collection.

Any debt collector is required to send you a writen collection notice within 5-days of any initial communication regarding their collection.  That includes posting to your CR.  They are in violation of FDCPA 809(a).

Ignore the fact that they also happen to be a law firm.  They are acting in their current capacity as a debt collector, and must abide by FDCPA 809(a).

It is particularly aggregious for a debt collector who is also an attorney to blatantly fail to comply with the law.

They have hurt your credit score by posting to your CR, but not givng you notice of how to deal with it in a timely manner.

You know have the threat of a complaint to the FTC to hang over their head.  YOu also have the threat of damages for violaltion of your rights undr the FDCPA.  You are incuring damage to your credit score/rating.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.