Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Williams & Fudge?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Williams & Fudge?

Anyone have any experience with Williams & Fudge? I paid a collection account to them in full in early September (before I'd heard of pay for delete). They said that they'd update my information in my credit reporting in October, so I was going to wait and see if has fallen off or updated by the end of the month and send a Goodwill request for a delete if it hasn't.

Does anyone have any experience with?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Williams & Fudge?

By update of your report, they almost assuredly mean they will update the status of the CA to closed, with $0 balance.

That is not a deletion.  It is a status update.  This wont improve your credit score.

BE prepared to do a GW.

Message 2 of 5
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Hi and welcome to the forumsSmiley Wink

I think most of us here, has paid a collection in full before finding out how to do a PFD (pay for delete) letter.

Sorry I havent heard of Williams&Fudge.But I agree with RobertEG, that the CA will report as paid/closed with $0 balance.

And he is correct it will not help your credit score, but it will help in case your CR is reviewed manually,that it was Paid.

If you dont mind,From your CR (credit report) what is the date of removal of this CA (collection agency) ?

I believe you can find the removal dates on TU and EX CR's.

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

It won't come off until August 2013.

Speaking of which, I have another one due to come off 2/2011. At what point can I reasonably dispute with the CRA to have that removed? We're planning on buying a house sometime between March and May, so I'd like it off ASAP.

Message 4 of 5
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

It won't come off until August 2013.

Speaking of which, I have another one due to come off 2/2011. At what point can I reasonably dispute with the CRA to have that removed? We're planning on buying a house sometime between March and May, so I'd like it off ASAP.

You shouldn't have to do anything on your own but I would check some time in March and make sure it is gone.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802
EQ - 7/06-663, 3/10-800
TU - 8/10-772
You can do the same thing with hard work

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.