Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Withdrawal Of Federal Tax Lien After Release

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Withdrawal Of Federal Tax Lien After Release

Ok. I had a Tax Lien from 11/2007. I had moved and never received notices from IRS. Once I found out I paid it 2/2008. In 11/2014 I filed for Withdrawal of Released Federal Tax Lien from IRS and received the Withdrawal letter on 12/24/2014. I then sent it off to all the credit agencies. Transunion just gave me the result of the dispute. They now list the tax lien as a Paid Tax Lien and list paid on 12/31/2014. This is the date the clerk recorded the withdrawal notice. My question is this. The release was already filed in 2008. The notice of withdrawal in 12/2014. From my reading on these forums isn't the lien suppose to come of the credit report? Like it never happened? Transunion now has the date that the item is to come of as 1/2018. Originally the lien was to come off this year in December.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Withdrawal Of Federal Tax Lien After Release

@Anonymous wrote:

Ok. I had a Tax Lien from 11/2007. I had moved and never received notices from IRS. Once I found out I paid it 2/2008. In 11/2014 I filed for Withdrawal of Released Federal Tax Lien from IRS and received the Withdrawal letter on 12/24/2014. I then sent it off to all the credit agencies. Transunion just gave me the result of the dispute. They now list the tax lien as a Paid Tax Lien and list paid on 12/31/2014. This is the date the clerk recorded the withdrawal notice. My question is this. The release was already filed in 2008. The notice of withdrawal in 12/2014. From my reading on these forums isn't the lien suppose to come of the credit report? Like it never happened? Transunion now has the date that the item is to come of as 1/2018. Originally the lien was to come off this year in December.

Yes a withdrawl is a complete removal of the lien from all of your CRs, if they refuse to do it file a CFPB complaint against the offending CRA. What TU has done is illegally reage the original lien.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the reply and advise. How much do you think a score might increase once the derogatory record is completely removed. This is the only negative I have.

Message 3 of 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you for the reply and advise. How much do you think a score might increase once the derogatory record is completely removed. This is the only negative I have.

Its impossible to say for sure but I would expect a decent bump, just depends on how old Fico is registering that PR.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.