Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Won a battle with Citi

tag
User273165
Regular Contributor

Won a battle with Citi

So I was 120 days late on a Citi card that I had. I sent a dispute letter in hopes that it would be removed, this was unsuccessful and it resulted in the status of "account in dispute".  I will be applying for a mortgage soon so I had to get this removed.  I printed a copy of all three of my credit reports, highlighted the problem statement and sent them to citi.  I requested that this staement be removed from the comment section. 

To my suprise I received a letter stating that they will remove the entire account from my credit report!! This jumped my TU up from 685 to 718 and my EQ from 685 to 699 overnight! I could not be happier with the results, now I just have to get rid of this Paypal/GECB chare-off and I will be sitting pretty!!!!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Won a battle with Citi

That's awesome.  Can you pm me the address or your contact at citi?

Message 2 of 8
billy41
Established Member

can you PM me the contact info you used as well. I'm currently trying to have an account removed as well, thanks
Message 3 of 8
User273165
Regular Contributor

I dont remember the address I sent it to. First thing I did was call Citi and spoke to someone. I let them know the situation and they gave me an address to send a formal letter to.  I sent a letter of intent and then also a copy of my credit reports with the information I wanted removed highlighted.  Sorry about losing the address.

Message 4 of 8
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats!

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 5 of 8
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Congrats

Message 6 of 8
User273165
Regular Contributor

I found the address I sent my GW to, if you want it PM me

Message 7 of 8
srikanth6
Established Member

Hi AJC1987 ,

Please share the address, I am working on my credit repair.

Thanks

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.