Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wonder if I should DV This

tag
2wheel
Frequent Contributor

Wonder if I should DV This

Wife had a bad account from a apartment complex back in 2002 Her first deliquincy would have been febuary 2002 when she vacated the apartment she signed lease in january 2002 but left in february. They re-rented the apartment in april 2002 but are trying to stick her with the whole year lease 7k the collection agency is stating the dofd is april 2003 which would take it off in april 2010. I was wondering if I should DV the CA And try to dispute the charges becase they re-rented the apartment in april 2002 I beleive she might be liable for the 2 months that the apt was vacated but they are trying to double dip the apartment lease IMO.
Message Edited by 2wheel on 06-09-2009 03:07 PM
2wheel
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
JoeBJay20
Established Contributor

Re: Wonder if I should DV This

There's no question the DOFD is off, but it would depend on the stipulations of the lease.  Has the SOL expired?

Message 2 of 6
2wheel
Frequent Contributor

Dont think so I am in ohio I beleive its 10 years for written contract
2wheel
Message 3 of 6
2wheel
Frequent Contributor

What I was thinking was if I dv it and they send me a copy of the contract and Year I might be able to dispute the dofd with experian on this.
2wheel
Message 4 of 6
2wheel
Frequent Contributor

I think her contract stated that if she left place then she would responsible for lease till they rented it out again
2wheel
Message 5 of 6
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

Check your state laws also regarding tenants rights. I had an apt complex that tried to get me for breaking the lease. They rerented the apt before I even moved out yet still tried to collect.  I faxed the CA a copy of the state laws and never heard from them again Smiley Happy

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.