Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wonderin? Happy Days? Somebody...quick feedback please

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Wonderin? Happy Days? Somebody...quick feedback please

I think it's a GREAT letter!! I'd go for it, for sure!!

The ONLY thing I would change is to list, down to the account numbers, is each account and the account holders' names. I just think that saying "accounts held by XXX" is far, far, too broad.

While spelling out the actual accounts will not protect you from their reporting NEW accounts (which, I don't think you can do, anyway ... no CA's going to bargain away payment -- or blackmail material -- for future debts), I think listing them will help you if in some freak of circumstance where the debts are accidentally passed on to another CA.

Just MHO!!

And FTR, it's VERY well known that Wahmom FRICKIN' ROCKS!!! Smiley Happy W00t!! W00t!! Wahmom!!
Message 11 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wonderin wrote:
I think it's a GREAT letter!! I'd go for it, for sure!!

The ONLY thing I would change is to list, down to the account numbers, is each account and the account holders' names. I just think that saying "accounts held by XXX" is far, far, too broad.

While spelling out the actual accounts will not protect you from their reporting NEW accounts (which, I don't think you can do, anyway ... no CA's going to bargain away payment -- or blackmail material -- for future debts), I think listing them will help you if in some freak of circumstance where the debts are accidentally passed on to another CA.

Just MHO!!

And FTR, it's VERY well known that Wahmom FRICKIN' ROCKS!!! Smiley Happy W00t!! W00t!! Wahmom!!

Thank you!  I know that no more accounts will be added to it, but as always, needed to be SURE I "CYA"! 

I did list each account individually and the amounts, just changed it a little for posting on here. 

Another of the very wise fico vets suggested I make some changes to it and I had planned to ~ until I realized I had already sent it off before the suggestions were made!  (This is what happens when you pull myFICO all-nighters with the credit report, MS Word and a printer!)  So I figure if they flat out tell me where to go with my offer ~ it's back to the negotiation table.  Smiley Very Happy
If I have to go back to the table, then I'll switch gears to the other, very viable, offer.
Message 12 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep, no doubt, she's a rock star!!
Message 13 of 20
wahmom
Frequent Contributor

You guys need to stop! You're going to make me blush!Smileycons!

Just trying to return some of the goodwill everyone has shown me. Especially Wonderin & WhatzUrPlan!!!!
Message 14 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@wahmom wrote:
You guys need to stop! You're going to make me blush!Smileycons!

Just trying to return some of the goodwill everyone has shown me. Especially Wonderin & WhatzUrPlan!!!!

Pfft. No blushing needed -- modesty is NOT called for, here!! You da woman ... now stand up and take your applause!! Smiley Happy
Message 15 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Whatz, I figured you DID slip those numbers in ... I'm just paranoid ('specially after that outta-the-blue call from the CA the other day *sigh*). I've gotten to the point where if I even THINK there's a loophole that a CA could exploit, I'll have cold-sweats and nightmares!! o_O

I think your letter's fine, really. I think the leverage you gain in giving them several accounts to write off their books makes it perfect. Cash is king, you know. And you're giving them a helluva lot of it. They'd be idiots not to take it!!

I think you can scratch them off, Darlin'!! Smiley Happy Congrats!! Smiley Happy
Message 16 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Yep. But I don't think SHE realizes that!! Smiley Mad
Message 17 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wonderin wrote:
Whatz, I figured you DID slip those numbers in ... I'm just paranoid ('specially after that outta-the-blue call from the CA the other day *sigh*). I've gotten to the point where if I even THINK there's a loophole that a CA could exploit, I'll have cold-sweats and nightmares!! o_O

I think your letter's fine, really. I think the leverage you gain in giving them several accounts to write off their books makes it perfect. Cash is king, you know. And you're giving them a helluva lot of it. They'd be idiots not to take it!!

I think you can scratch them off, Darlin'!! Smiley Happy Congrats!! Smiley Happy

Thanks so much, I sure hope so!  I didn't hear from them today, which kind of surprised me, but hopefully I'll hear from her in writing soon, accepting the offer.
Message 18 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep. But I don't think SHE realizes that!! Smiley Mad

Maybe not, but we'll make her blush enough times & have her convinced before all is said & done Smiley Very Happy
Message 19 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wonderin wrote:

Oh yeah...tell your  DH to repeat after me "Oh, you claim I owe you a debt?  What's your name?  Phone number?  Address?  Name of Company?  Send it to me IN WRITING! I'm hanging up now" 

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.