cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Woo Hoo! 63 point jump on TU, last collection GONE (fingers crossed)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Woo Hoo! 63 point jump on TU, last collection GONE (fingers crossed)

Guess what? As if you can't guess from my title...I sent a GW to a paid collection from 2 years ago. Told them it was the only negative thing on my credit report and BEGGED them to take it off.
Please tell me it's not a glitch with the TU software!! Please tell me they really took it off!!  All my inquiries are still there (including the unauthorized collection jerks trying to collect on an EXPIRED med debt), payment history on all account is accurate, etc.  so I'm really hoping that the jump is because they GW it off! Wouldn't that be nice? On 7/2/08 my score was dropped from 695 to 685 because of the Riddle jerks inquiry....so I could so use some good news. 

IF this is for real (Why do i have to be so skeptical?) my scores are now:

748 TU  - 740 EQ and freakin 666 EX

(On EX, waiting for one PFD to disappear and still have 2 old paid collections scheduled to drop in Sept/October of this year....)

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
wahmom
Frequent Contributor

Re: Woo Hoo! 63 point jump on TU, last collection GONE (fingers crossed)

WOW!!!! We're going to think positive and say yes it's really gone. Congratulations!
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

i would pay off like 2  collections but it has never halped my credit in the past in fact i spent 3000+ dollars on old bills that i got when i was 18-22 and didnt realize i would be screwing myself. i've even hired people to try to help me with my credit. so, what is this thing you sent them GW?? GD? what is it, how do i do it?  please help, thanks. my score is only 606ex  but the other scores are around 650, but before you think how horrible that is 2 years ago it was 491. thats how bad it is!!!! i pay everything on time now; more than the minimum but i dont know how else to get my score up. si keep saying this stuff should be falling off....im 29!!! doesnt it attomatically fall off after 7 years? help!! if you OR ANYONE  has ANY ADVICE i will take it!!
Message 3 of 11
wahmom
Frequent Contributor

A GW is a Goodwill Letter requesting your creditors to show some goodwill and report your account in good standing or delete it off of your report. You will find some examples in the following link.

GW Example Letters
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

bella06 wrote:
i would pay off like 2  collections but it has never halped my credit in the past in fact i spent 3000+ dollars on old bills that i got when i was 18-22 and didnt realize i would be screwing myself. i've even hired people to try to help me with my credit. so, what is this thing you sent them GW?? GD? what is it, how do i do it?  please help, thanks. my score is only 606ex  but the other scores are around 650, but before you think how horrible that is 2 years ago it was 491. thats how bad it is!!!! i pay everything on time now; more than the minimum but i dont know how else to get my score up. si keep saying this stuff should be falling off....im 29!!! doesnt it attomatically fall off after 7 years? help!! if you OR ANYONE  has ANY ADVICE i will take it!!

I've had paid collections on my report too - and only once or twice did I notice a difference in score, but it could have had to do with the fact that they were no longer counted in my utility (as someone recently pointed out to me).  The others that I referenced on my experian reports have been paid for 6 years and are slated to fall off this Sept/October...so believe me, I'll be drinking some champagne when they finally come off!  (well, not really, because I don't like it, but you know what I mean. hehe)

I think there maybe some examples of GW letters on here if you do a search, but the one I sent basically said that I fully accept repsonsbility for my debt, I was going throug x,y,z in my life and it was a rough time. Then I told them that this is the ONLY negative thing I still have on my credit report, which was true (don't want to lie because they might check!) and it was really keeping my score down.  I *think* it worked. If it did, it's my first success with a GW and I've sent 2 others.  I just know there have been some strange things going on with TU and their software, so I'm afraid to get excited and then set mysefl up for a huge disappointment.

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, nevermind this score bump is temporary.... I just remembered that I have an item in dispute right now and I forgot about it because it disappeared from my reports even though the dispute is still open.  Why did that happen? Do they remove it while it's in disput? (It's TransUnion).  Anyway, I anticipate it coming back even though it is inaccurate. I've been fighting this one for 2 years. Still showing unpaid, even though it was paid 5 YEARS ago. The debt keeps getting passed to different CA and then they keep putting it back. Anyway, sorry for the ramble, but since this one keeps coming back to haunt me, I expect it to resurface. I've just never had something disappear during the dispute process.

Booo. I have a bad feeling that because my score went up so high, I will take a higher hit and will end up with a lower score than I had before. Smiley Sad
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

For me Disputed items are still displayed- just marked "in Dispute"

You may have gotten a quick delete from TU.

UpUpUp wrote:
Well, nevermind this score bump is temporary.... I just remembered that I have an item in dispute right now and I forgot about it because it disappeared from my reports even though the dispute is still open.  Why did that happen? Do they remove it while it's in disput? (It's TransUnion).  Anyway, I anticipate it coming back even though it is inaccurate. I've been fighting this one for 2 years. Still showing unpaid, even though it was paid 5 YEARS ago. The debt keeps getting passed to different CA and then they keep putting it back. Anyway, sorry for the ramble, but since this one keeps coming back to haunt me, I expect it to resurface. I've just never had something disappear during the dispute process.

Booo. I have a bad feeling that because my score went up so high, I will take a higher hit and will end up with a lower score than I had before. Smiley Sad

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Aw man, really? Yours still show up on your report? If it's deleted, that would be so awesome. Especially considering the big war I am having with them about getting them to investigate my unauthorized inquiry.  I understand them refusing to delete, but refusing to investigate just doesn't seem right.
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

UP UP, I totally understand you.  I saw a significant jump in all of my credit scores exept EXSmiley Sad, I swaer those people have a darned grude against me for some strange reason...LOL  For example, my TU was my lowest score and I saw a jump from 520 to 555, and EQ 550 to 576 and EX remained the same because my investigation is due to expire on 7/15 and i hope to see a nice little bump as my score is a 601 there.  In addition I dv's alot of companies and they caved on the first letter.  I would say since you do not see them on your cr they are gone because if they were indeed on your report then it would say disputed by consumer.  YOU GO WITH YOUR BAD SELFSmiley Wink THOSE ITEMS ARE GONE BYE BYE....LOL
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Miss1975 wrote:
UP UP, I totally understand you.  I saw a significant jump in all of my credit scores exept EXSmiley Sad, I swaer those people have a darned grude against me for some strange reason...LOL  For example, my TU was my lowest score and I saw a jump from 520 to 555, and EQ 550 to 576 and EX remained the same because my investigation is due to expire on 7/15 and i hope to see a nice little bump as my score is a 601 there.  In addition I dv's alot of companies and they caved on the first letter.  I would say since you do not see them on your cr they are gone because if they were indeed on your report then it would say disputed by consumer.  YOU GO WITH YOUR BAD SELFSmiley Wink THOSE ITEMS ARE GONE BYE BYE....LOL

Thank you!  It's so hard to get excited about this stuff - you just don't want to get all giddy and be let down.  But, you both have made me feel much better. 

What's up with EX?  I have a PFD collection that the CA says they have submitted for deletion 2x as far back as 2 months ago. So, I figured, I'll go ahead and dispute online figuring CA will either delete or not respond. Well, no update on EX and they just sent me a credit report that doesn't show any disputes or updates at all. Just a plain old credit report. They are so strange. They really hate me too, as you can see from my score. (Eeew!).

It seems like EX may have the same feelings for you as they do for me. Smiley Sad Good luck with your investigation. I hope after the 15th, you see a nice bump that you'll be able to tell us all about!
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.