Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Woot! Bye bye LVNV

tag
seruby
Frequent Contributor

Woot! Bye bye LVNV

Wasn't easy getting rid of them, but I did it!   They responded to my BBB complaint, after I rejected their first response:

"...the following account has been closed.  Additionally, a request to delete the LVNV tradeline will be submitted to the three major consumer reporting agencies during the next reporting cycle. Please allow 10 to 15 days for this update to occur.  We apologize for any inconvenience experienced regarding this account."

After reporting on my CR for over 1.5 years, they're finally gone!    Smiley Happy  

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
dursty87
Established Contributor

Re: Woot! Bye bye LVNV

Congrats!! Care to share what was listed in the complaint ?
Message 2 of 9
seruby
Frequent Contributor

Basically, I just stated that they were reporting on my CRs without responding to my validation letter, so I either wanted it validated or deleted.    Then they responded with statements and an overview summary whch they created - with the statements having one address and the summary having my current address under their "Borrower Information."    And they said if I disagreed with it, to file an identity theft report or police it.  So I challenged how both addresses could borrow since only one could be on an application (long shot but worth a shot).  And I challenged who actually owns it - if it's LVNV or Resurgent since one reports but the other actually handles it, and their legal ability to add on interest that they were doing.    And I dismissed their identity theft request saying I won't send anything with my signature since it could easily be lifted onto a blank agreement.

Pretty much an entire shot in the dark, but I hit the bullseye.

Message 3 of 9
jdp1
Valued Member

I actually just succeeded with LVNV and Asset Acceptance in nearly an identical way. Both "verified" the debt through the BBB, but closed the account nonetheless. It's a good feeling. My response from LVNV said 30-45 days to be removed... it's been 27 days and the wait is killing me.

Starting score: EQ08 - 590 (08/14)
Current Scores(11/14):
EQ08 - 662 : DCU - 656
TU08 - 656 : CK - 655
EX08 - 636 : CS - 674

$500 Cap1 : $500 Cap1 QS

Goal: 720 by 4/15
Message 4 of 9
seruby
Frequent Contributor

Maybe they decide it's not worth persuing once they realize you're not just gonna roll over.  

My TU score on CK has been stuck at 571 for like 4 months, my others are low 600s.  I know with the util on my cards dropping from mid to high 70s individually to one at 1% (reports tomorrow), and the other at 0% (reports later this week or early next week), so less than 1% among both cards,  and now this collection being reported, I should see a nice score jump.   Ah I can't wait!!

Message 5 of 9
happy99
Established Member

Congrats! Its such a wonderful feeling after all the intentional spiteful damage this company causes to people. They almost made us lose our mortgage by slapping 5 accounts on our credit reports when they saw we were applying for a mortgage. Luckily I was able to get all 5 removed throught the BBB (one of them I had to send in the theft affidavit). I applaud anyone who goes up against this awful company. Congrats again on your WIN!!

I am on my tablet...Please do not judge me by my typos Smiley Wink
Message 6 of 9
SOGGIE
Valued Contributor

Congrats!

Life was a lot simpler when what we honored was father and mother, rather than all major credit cards. ~Robert Orben
Message 7 of 9
GMC2012
Established Member

any advice for me on getting LVNV off my credit report...i tried a pfd letter with them and still have not heard from them like two months ago. Should i try a DV letter? Or is it too late since i already sent a pfd letter?

Capital One Secured 800 CL
First Progress 300 CL
Credit One 400 CL
Fingerhut 400 CL
Message 8 of 9
jdp1
Valued Member

I'd say send a DV and send it CMRRR. I sent about 4 and never got a response back before I went to the BBB.

Starting score: EQ08 - 590 (08/14)
Current Scores(11/14):
EQ08 - 662 : DCU - 656
TU08 - 656 : CK - 655
EX08 - 636 : CS - 674

$500 Cap1 : $500 Cap1 QS

Goal: 720 by 4/15
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.