Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Working toward mortgage. HELP

tag
saberkitty
Valued Member

Working toward mortgage. HELP

So back in 2009 I filed ch. 7 bk which didn't solve my issues. Since then in 2010, 2011 and on my reports now are 3 collections/charge offs. All of which I have attempted pfd with no success, will PIF regardless. Theyre all out of SOL but still have a couple of years before falling off. I'm getting closer with my scores but since I have had bk and then collections after the fact am I going to be declined regardless of my scores?

This all stems from an abusive controlling marriage which I am free of now and since leaving in 2012 have had zero issues with my finances sonce then. I make good money and have extremely good job security.

I've been watching my score get closer and closer to mortgage level and I am scared that my dreams will get crushed because of my stupidity allowing someone else to control me and my money.
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Working toward mortgage. HELP

@saberkitty wrote:
So back in 2009 I filed ch. 7 bk which didn't solve my issues. Since then in 2010, 2011 and on my reports now are 3 collections/charge offs. All of which I have attempted pfd with no success, will PIF regardless. Theyre all out of SOL but still have a couple of years before falling off. I'm getting closer with my scores but since I have had bk and then collections after the fact am I going to be declined regardless of my scores? NO. You may have to explain the situation you were in at the most.

This all stems from an abusive controlling marriage which I am free of now and since leaving in 2012 have had zero issues with my finances sonce then. I make good money and have extremely good job security. That is whats going to matter most - income, stability and the last two years.

I've been watching my score get closer and closer to mortgage level and I am scared that my dreams will get crushed because of my stupidity allowing someone else to control me and my money.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.