cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Would You Dispute This Account if you Could?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Would You Dispute This Account if you Could?

Thanks @RobertEG

I'm going to take the chance and send the dispute via CRA. I will mail it and also kindly ask the furnisher not to delete the account under any circumstances. I hope the 4 other accounts with 18 months of the most recent on time payments will be enough to keep my score from dropping too much, in the event the account is deleted regardless of my asking nicely.

First, I will open a new revolving credit. The simulator said I coud raise my score alot. If I can someone get into the 700's in fico 8, then I won't bother with the dispute. I'll leave well enough alone.

Cheers

Message 11 of 14
beutiful5678
Frequent Contributor

Im confused - did you apply for forbearance while unemployed?

EX 8: Aug 2021 - 692 | EQ 8: Aug 2021 - 714 | TU 8: Aug 2021 - 673
Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

No I did not. I'm hoping to simply explain the reason why I did not pay, that i was not employed. I have no proof other than i did not file for taxes those years. I'm hoping that would be enough to have them remove it. It's worth a shot atleast. I didn't know about credit back then or that I could have done so. Is it okay to request goodwill corrections in a dispute?

I'm placing my bets that since the company is not servicing the loan and that I'll over to pay them to make corrections and not delete the account, that it is otherwise not worth there time to dig deep in the matter.

I hope they will ignore it completely, though be understanding if not.

Message 13 of 14
beutiful5678
Frequent Contributor

Since they’re private loans this might actually work. 👍

EX 8: Aug 2021 - 692 | EQ 8: Aug 2021 - 714 | TU 8: Aug 2021 - 673
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.