Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Would like to pay a collection

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Would like to pay a collection

I have a collection with Directv that is assigned to ICSystem. It is on my report for 1,100. I have a few questions before I pay it:

1- this is showing that it will fall off my reports around June 2020, if I pay in full, will it restart the 7 1/2 years that it would report on my reports

2- will this tank my score more by paying? It is literally updating every week on Tuesdays according to Experian Back door

3- I am never contacted by the collector or directv, I just am aware of it from the collection being on my report, so do I reach out to them first?

4- which one do I pay? If I pay directv directly will my collection account update to 0 on my CR since I didn’t pay the collector?

5-last one, is the amount owed on the credit report usually accurate? Was wondering if I call and they claim it is much more?

This is my only negative item on my credit report. I’ve had other collection and charge offs but they have aged off

Thank you
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Would like to pay a collection

1 - no, paying the debt in full will not increase the amount of time it remains on your report

2 - no, you should see an increase in score since its reporting monthly as a negative.

3 - yes, send a letter requesting a PFD (pay for delete)

4 - depends on if the CA is acting on behalf of DirectTV or if the debt was sold

5 - should be accurate or close to, sometimes they do charge interest or other fees
Message 2 of 5
Medic981
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
1 - no, paying the debt in full will not increase the amount of time it remains on your report

2 - no, you should see an increase in score since its reporting monthly as a negative.

3 - yes, send a letter requesting a PFD (pay for delete)

4 - depends on if the CA is acting on behalf of DirectTV or if the debt was sold

5 - should be accurate or close to, sometimes they do charge interest or other fees

+1, I agree!

Your FICO credit scores are not just numbers, it’s a skill.
Message 3 of 5
pamon
Regular Contributor

I had a $99 IC Systems collection account, still had access to my directv login and paid directv directly. Then disputed the IC systems collection and it was deleted. Not sure of your situation, but wanted to add my two cents.

Fico 8 Exp 598 Transunion 598 Equifax 596 (7/18/18)
FICO 8 Exp 609 TransUnion 622 Equifax 617 (8/10/18)
FICO 8 Exp 643 Equifax 641 Transunion 655 (9-10-18)
FICO 8 exp 630 Transunion 646 Equifax 627
Fico 8 Exp 646 Transunion 639 Equifax 640 (11/1/18)
Fico 8 Exp 698 Transunion 716 Equifax 690 (1/8/19)
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello! I had 3 accounts reporting as negative through IC Systems for old Banfield accounts, we left Banfield because they are trash and never looked back. A couple of years later I noticed they were on my CR so I contacted the CA and asked for a PFD (made it clear I did not agree with the debt,) long story short, they stated they do not PFD but as a “courtesy” they would delete the trade line 30 days after the payment processed. I wasn’t sure if I could trust them or not so I tested this on one of the negative accounts (as opposed to all 3,) low and behold 2 days later it was completely gone from my CR. Just paid the other 2 and am now waiting for those to fall off.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.