Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Would these inquiries really matter?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Would these inquiries really matter?

I have another silly question. From my understanding, you can have a certain amount of HPs on your credit during a certain time frame without it hurting your score. In this example, having a few auto loan pulls within a 2 week period because they know you're searching for a car. I had 2 pulls made on the same day from the same dealership when I went to buy my car, and a third pull from a different dealer about 10-11 days prior.  However for the 2 on the same day, one is the dealership and comes up as "automobile" under the category, and the other is listed as "Chase Auto" but the category is "bank" instead of auto. Is that going to hurt me at all because the category isn't auto and is it worth disputing, or just let it go? These are both from Nov 2017, so it's already past a year old. 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Would these inquiries really matter?

They DO hurt more when they aren't listed all under the same category, but since they are older than 1 year they aren't being factored into your score anymore.

Message 2 of 3
DIYcredit
Frequent Contributor

Re: Would these inquiries really matter?

As long as they are coded as auto and are within 45 days from each other they will count as one.Older Fico models are 14 days.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.