Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Would this letter be correct to a CA?

tag
Mondavi
Regular Contributor

Would this letter be correct to a CA?

I am trying to get this medical bill changed to what I believe should be the DoFD. The CA has it on my reports as DoFD 10/06 and assigned to them 11/06.

I had services done on 1/17/06 and my insurance was billed on 1/31/06. The hospital sent me a bill the week after my insurance paid. I have records of all of these dates.

This is what I plan to send to the CA.

Dear Collection Manager:

It has came to my attention that account # XXXXXXXX is incorrectly reporting The Date of First Delinquency on my credit reports. Services rendered to me from the Original Creditor were done on 1/17/06 my insurance paid on 1/31/06. The following week I was sent a bill from the Original Creditor for the remaining amount. You are reporting the Date of First Delinquency as 10/06 and that it was assigned to your company on 11/06.

Per  FCRA 605(c) (1) In general. The 7-year period referred to in paragraphs (4) and (6) of subsection (a) shall begin, with respect to any delinquent account that is placed for collection (internally or by referral to a third party, whichever is earlier), charged to profit and loss, or subjected to any similar action, upon the expiration of the 180-day period beginning on the date of the commencement of the delinquency which immediately preceded the collection activity, charge to profit and loss, or similar action

Please change my Date of First Delinquency to XXXX date . I can include all proper documents to support my claim if necessary.

Should my DoFD be changed to 1/31/06 after my insurance paid or the date of the bill I was sent after my insurance paid? If it is the date when I was sent the bill would I add 30 days to that date?

I hope this was not to confusing. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks and Happy New Years

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Would this letter be correct to a CA?

Worth a try.  Good luck!

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 2 of 4
Mondavi
Regular Contributor

I assume if they were not to respond I would have to go the BBB , FTC, AG route to get somewhere with them?

Message 3 of 4
guiness56
Epic Contributor

All you can do with the FTC is file a complaint.  When they get enough complaints they will do something.

I would go the AG and BBB routes.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.