Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wow from 7 to 1

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow from 7 to 1

Hello team! I am down from 7 collections to one! I have done it kind of! The only collection i have left is LVNV funding for 153 bucks ill pay that eventually.

Whats next? I have a 636 Fico 8 and no way to tell my others but they should all be around that number I'd imagine besides equifax which does not have LVNV on it may be higher.  

1. Secured card still - Decided to hold out on the capital one platinum because I want to wait until im around 650 where I may get a better limit I still have my self lender which i am contemplating paying off completely and getting my cash back.

2. Mortgage, I will be going FHA so I am finally eligible for FHA i am hoping to shoot for the loan around December-February!

10 REPLIES 10
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: Wow from 7 to 1

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello team! I am down from 7 collections to one! I have done it kind of! The only collection i have left is LVNV funding for 153 bucks ill pay that eventually.

Whats next? I have a 636 Fico 8 and no way to tell my others but they should all be around that number I'd imagine besides equifax which does not have LVNV on it may be higher.  

1. Secured card still - Decided to hold out on the capital one platinum because I want to wait until im around 650 where I may get a better limit I still have my self lender which i am contemplating paying off completely and getting my cash back.

2. Mortgage, I will be going FHA so I am finally eligible for FHA i am hoping to shoot for the loan around December-February!

Congrats @Anonymous 

I would not do any apps till that collection is paid. It wont immediately increase your score but it will look prettier to any lender 

Great job so far! 

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ill just pay it today, It wasn't a money issue i guess i am just a bit bitter that they wont delete it. Ill go ahead and call this terrible collection agency and pay in full.

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ill just pay it today, It wasn't a money issue i guess i...

Ill just pay it today, It wasn't a money issue i guess i am just a bit bitter that they wont delete it. Ill go ahead and call this terrible collection agency and pay in full.

Message 4 of 11
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Yeah, they wont delete Smiley Frustrated

It's best to pay and just be done with them forever

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Fantastic news, and great job.

I've paid all of mine, just waiting for the deletes (portfolio and midland). Once you pay LVNV, it will be like a huge chip off your shoulders

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Website allows for me to settle without even calling them, Is it worth settling? 40% off 

Message 7 of 11
simplegirl
Valued Contributor

No point in settling since it wont be deleted

Starting Score: 494 503 521
Current Score: 503 507 507 2/19
Goal Score: 680

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Goals:

Get First Home in Summer 2025
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Save a bit of money with the settle though, So you recommend just paying in full?

Message 9 of 11
simplegirl
Valued Contributor

Yeah but your getting a mortgage and there is no telling how settling such a small debt would look to them.

Starting Score: 494 503 521
Current Score: 503 507 507 2/19
Goal Score: 680

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Goals:

Get First Home in Summer 2025
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.