Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong DOFD being reported by CA

tag
marcuscan
Valued Member

Wrong DOFD being reported by CA

Wonderin wrote:
Call the OC and find out the date of service. Don't admit to the debt, though, of course.

You need to know the date of service because that will decide your next course of action. Do you HIPPA with payment? Do you dispute? Do you DV? All that depends on the DoS!!

If the DoS is outside of SoL, or CRTP, you'll have more leverage power in getting this taken care of. But in order to know that, you'll have to call the OC and find out!!

If i may so bold to butt in here......i do have a medical collection reporting and the DoS is outside of the SOL.  I know to avoid the CA that is reporting it currently.  How should I proceed in making this thing disappear. 

the DoS was 1/2000....broke my ankle playing hoops at UC during Greek intermerals.....Smiley Sad

mc

Edited to change subject line after breaking post off into a new thread. - sidewinder

Message Edited by sidewinder on 06-27-2008 07:27 AM
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Wrong DOFD being reported by CA

marcuscan wrote:

the DoS was 1/2000....broke my ankle playing hoops at UC during Greek intermerals.....Smiley Sad

If the date of service was 1/2000, this should already be off your report........is the CA reporting it and what is the DOFD being reported? Or when is removal date?

Message Edited by sidewinder on 06-27-2008 07:28 AM
Message 2 of 6
marcuscan
Valued Member

If the date of service was 1/2000, this should already be off your report........is the CA reporting it and what is the DOFD being reported? Or when is removal date?

Per my TU CR....the only one i have access to at this very moment....the CA (Alliance One) is in fact reporting it.  Looks like it was placed for collection 6/05.  No mention of DOFD on this TU report.  In fact let me try to copy & paste........

Looks like it worked.....the removal date is all bad b/c as I said, I had the surgery 1/2000 and was done rehabbing by 6/2000 so no more fees were to follow.

1684 WOODLANDS DR
STE 150
MAUMEE , OH 43537
(800) 668-2501 

Balance: 
$129  
Date Updated: 
11/2006  
Original Balance: 
$129 
Original Creditor: 
MED1 02 UNIVERSITY EMERGENCY PHYSIC 
Past Due: 
>$129< 
Pay Status: 
>Collection Account<  
Account Type: 
Open Account  
Responsibility: 
Individual Account  
Loan Type: Collection Agency Attorney
Remark: 
>Placed for collection<
Date placed for collection: [ 06/2005] 
Estimated date that this item will be removed:   09/2009

Edited to change subject line after moving into a new thread. - sidewinder

Message Edited by sidewinder on 06-27-2008 07:29 AM
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

marcuscan-  I broke your post and the replies off into a new thread by itself to get more attention. I changed the subject line.

What I would do is contact the OC, not mention the CA or possible re-aging or your credit report. Just ask for the date of service for the referenced account. If the date of service does not correspond to the removal date, then it has been re-aged.

Your next step would be to dispute with the CRA "based on FCRA Compliance Date" State that the FCRA Compliance Date is much earlier than being stated by the CA and that this account is past credit reporting time limits set forth in the FCRA.

Message 4 of 6
marcuscan
Valued Member

sidewinder wrote:
marcuscan-  I broke your post and the replies off into a new thread by itself to get more attention. I changed the subject line.

What I would do is contact the OC, not mention the CA or possible re-aging or your credit report. Just ask for the date of service for the referenced account. If the date of service does not correspond to the removal date, then it has been re-aged.

Your next step would be to dispute with the CRA "based on FCRA Compliance Date" State that the FCRA Compliance Date is much earlier than being stated by the CA and that this account is past credit reporting time limits set forth in the FCRA.

GREAT advice.  I will get on this ASAP!  I'll post back when i have some further insight on the matter to let all know how this pans out.

man do i love this site.......so happy i found it! Smiley Very Happy

mc
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Or, if you filed with your insurance company, and don't want to talk to the OC yet (while getting your ducks in a row), you can ask your insurance company. They'll be able to give you practically all the same info the OC can and may even be able to tell you what the OC CAN charge and CAN'T.

We had an OC send our account to collections stating that our insurance didn't pay them enough. Called OC and they pretty much said we were on the hook for ALL of it, that our insurance refused to cover us. Bummer, right? Called BCBS (our insurance company) and they said that the OC could only, by their agreement with BCBS as a preferred provider, charge a small portion of the charges. Sent me a printout of the allowed charges, what was due on our end and told us to get'em!

Went in to see the OC with printout in hand, showed them BCBS's statement and they cowed AND removed the collections.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.