Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xchange Leasing Hard Pull on Credit

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Xchange Leasing Hard Pull on Credit

Hi,

I signed up to drive Uber and somehow Xchange Leasing appears on my credit report as if I tried to finance a vehicle. I left messages with the number listed in credit karma to no satisfaction and contacted uber. At this stage any points dinging my credit hurts. What can I do in this situation?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Xchange Leasing Hard Pull on Credit

Three relevant things to remember/consider relating to inquiries:

1.  They are not limited only to requests for new or extended credit.  They also include, per FCRA 604, a business transaction initiated by the consumer for which there is a ligitimate business need for the business to review your credit history as a part of the evaluation of the transaction.  

2.  If the purpose for the inquiry is one or more of the reasons set forth under FCRA 604, then they dont need your express permission to pull your credit report.  The existence of the permissible purpose is, itself, authorization.

3.  I am not familiar with contracts to drive for Uber, but if they comprise an application for employment, then that is an exception to item 2.

A pull that is specifically for evaluation of employment does require the prior and express written permission the the prospective employee.

Is this considered an application for employment, or a business transaction initiated by the consumer?

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.