Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yeah Booyyy call BOA today!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah Booyyy call BOA today!

I decided to call bank of America to graduate my secured card. I only had a $300 limit on there. So I called and spoke with credit analyst she said if I just want my deposit return they would do soft pull but if I want to request a credit line increase with it then they would do a hard pull. So because I know my credit is not where I want it I just told her to graduate the card and keep the same limit. She put me n hold and came back and said congratulations you card is now unsecured and your deposit will be refunded in 7-10 days.
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Yeah Booyyy call BOA today!

Congrats!  Woman Very Happy  It's a big step with BOA.  Keep working with them and before long, you'll have a great cl.  

Message 2 of 10
Pway
Valued Contributor

Congrats 

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can't wait to get that big credit increase
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I started with the same 500.00 secured from BOA and had some of those not so good cards.  Less than 15 months later my BOA cl is 25k.  I kept at all of my cards until I reached a point where I am comfortable waiting for auto cli's and hit the luv button on Comenity and some others just for the heck of it.  It WILL happen,  Smiley Wink

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I started with Bank of America secured, too. Now I have three cards and a car loan with 1.99% APR with them. It will happen. Just use your credit well....good luck....

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice!!!
Message 7 of 10
dokturshoo
Established Member

Congrats!

Filed: 9/15 | Meeting: 10/15 | Discharged: 12/15
Auto Loan: 12/15 - $21,500 | Cap1Plat: 01/16 - $1K
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you all.  

Message 9 of 10
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Congrats

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.