Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yeah! Medical Collection gone!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah! Medical Collection gone!

A new medical collection was likely killing my score!  Had a mtg Fico a month ago of 605....needed 700.  Got a CC account with negatives (1.5 years ago) completely removed....it was a 5 year account, but my AAoA was 8.8, so that went up.  Got another current account to remove ALL my negatives, including some from this year.  Paid some stuff down/off...waiting till my line of credit reports to 0% from 38% at end of month.  My Transunion and Experian scores (on each of their pay for monitoring) are each about 689 with collection showing.

The collection was put on bureaus in May and updated this month to paid in full this month.  Transunion lists "length of newest account too new". My only hard inquiry in last two years was 1 mtg pull, and definitely no new accounts in last 2 years!  Equifax now shows last derogatory at 1 year and no collection...I don't have new score, but alert shows that I am in a new "credit rate" category.  Of course Equifax hates me and was showing Fico 8 at 636.  

Im super anxious to see what my new scores will be.  I am waiting on one more major game changer to hopefully get work in my favor.  I have lates on my accounts, but most over 1.5 years.  The medical was the only collection I've ever had.  Unfortunately, I only have 6 open revolving lines...crazy I should have/need more than that.  My file is 18 total accounts (hopefully one of them will GO away!), my credit history is 12-13 years, and my AAoA is over 9 years.  I have to be above 700, but really hoping this medical collection falling off gives me back 50+ points.  I've seen tons of posts about other "last" collections falling off at the 6.5 year mark and people gaining 30+ points.  This is not only a brand new collection, but was considered a brand new account...  I can barely wait to see Scores!!!!  Guesses?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Yeah! Medical Collection gone!

So many factors go into a credit score so its hard to so say. When certain baddies fall off, you are placed into a different bucket and then evaluated against others with similar profiles.  Still, one should expect a nice little bump when the last derog falls off.  Also, if all of your revolving accounts are at 0%, people have said that their scores have dipped since FICO sees 0% as not having any kind of credit usage whatsoever and uses that against you. Paying to 0% can be seen as the same as not having any credit at all.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Yeah! Medical Collection gone!

So,checked my Transunion this morning, and collection is off it.  Went from 689 to 694.  So discouraging.  I have late payments, but this is my only collection, and only negative in last year...and it was even listed as a new account on Transunion.  I guess it is still points, but was really hoping this would put me above 700.  This is the TU Vantagescore...how does that compare to a TU Fico score?  

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.