Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Years of work pay off - Goodbye FPB, FNCC, and CF and Collections

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Years of work pay off - Goodbye FPB, FNCC, and CF and Collections

So today I am here to share where I started , and where I am in hopes that you will know that no matter how bad it looks, you can too rebuild if you keep at it.

As of today I have had the following items deleted from my report:

C/O Continental Finance 

C/O First Premier Bank

C/O First Premier Bank

C/O First National Credit Card

C/O Rewards 660 Visa

C/O Aspire Visa

Collections

Thorek Hospital $550

Core Chiropractice $25

Kaiser Medical Bill: $275

GA Power $225

Scana Energy: $275

(Various others I cant even remember)

Forclosure: 

NationStar: $125,000

NationStar (2nd Mort): $20,000

And of course my BK remains from 2008.

I started with a 412 credit score, and today hit 700.  I started rebuilding with an Aplied Bank, BofA and Capital One Secured Card.

As of today all of the negative items are deleted from reports and I applied for cards and got approval after approval.  As of this morning I am at:

Venture Card (New) $30,000

QuickSilver (previous card with $500 CL) - $5500

Bank of America (previous secured card, now unsecure) - $6000

Discover IT (New) $6100 (0% APR 12 months)

Barclays $2800

Barclays $1500

Cap 1 Secured (Partial Unsecured) $750

Moving foward, I plan on just sitting back and watering the garden and watching the AAoA grown along with my score and then buying a house. I finally feel like I have recovered from my 20s .... Ill be 31 in september.... feels good to grow up finally.

What suggestions do you have for me to keep that score going other than just sitting and using cards and paying off each month. 

PS I owe so much of suceess to this forum...... thank you all

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Years of work pay off - Goodbye FPB, FNCC, and CF and Collections

Wow! Congratulations.  How did you get them to remove your charge off accounts?  I never have any luck with this.  I must know!

You are on the right track to rebuilding.  I believe if you really want to make an impact on your score you would need an installment loan, i.e. auto loan.  Mortgage will really boost your credit score down the road!  I think that's what you should really work towards, a house.  Also, after holding on to these cards with a solid payment history and low usage your score will increase no doubt!  

Message 2 of 13
savingmoney87
Regular Contributor

Wow, Congratulations! That's an awesome recovery. 

]
Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

So I first had the CRAs verifiy the accounts, then I picked everything they were reporting differently and itemized each one and which portion of FCRA it violated, sent that letter directly to them and got a letter not only saying it would be deleted, but aplogized for it ..... Just throw everything you can at them, and be patinent my god they are not easy to get off a report..... but it can be done!

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you so much.... my next goal is American Express .... but my BK from 08 may be an issue I hear.  Ive never had Amex .... Ill probably wait for BK to fall out.

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fantastic work.  Gives me more hope. I have all of my collections paid so now need to work on getitng them removed as well as a few 30 day lates if I can. 

Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great work. Were you approved for the Venture card for $30K or did you call to get it at that level? 

How long did you wait after everything fell off to apply for the new cards? 

I'm impressed. 

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good job.. well done and congrats

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

have you tried doing anything with Nationstar?

I tried gooodwilling them for late removals and they have essentially told me pound sand.  

Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great work. Were you approved for the Venture card for $30K or did you call to get it at that level? 

How long did you wait after everything fell off to apply for the new cards? 

I'm impressed. 

The venture card was approved instantly on line Redeyz, I applied literally the day I verified the last account was off record over the phone with TU. 

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.