Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yes!! Bye-Bye Portfolio Recovery!! :)

tag
bmblbg
Regular Contributor

Yes!! Bye-Bye Portfolio Recovery!! :)

I woke up to this response from PRA to my BBB complaint this morning:

We thank you for your response.  While Portfolio Recovery Associates believes that its reporting is accurate and complete, we have closed the account ending in ****, requested that the credit reporting agencies delete our trade line for the account from their consumer reports, and have determined to refrain from further collection communications with the consumer in regard to the account.

And it only took 3 weeks!  Yay!!  And yes, I realize the account has the potential to show up again under another CA, but I have the OC documentation that this was paid, so I'm crossing my fingers, eyes, arms, legs, & braidinng my hair that this mess is finally behind me!! Smiley Happy

Mortgage Scores:
11/26/2018 EQ: 542 EX: 610 TU: 548
8/30/2018 EQ: 571 EX: 504 TU: 533
7/30/2018: EQ: 598 EX: 591 TU: 608
4/5/2018 EQ: 543 EX: 522 TU: 467
Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
_jb_
Frequent Contributor

Re: Yes!! Bye-Bye Portfolio Recovery!! :)

Awesome and congrats! Love to see these stories!

Starting Scores: myFICO EQ: 678, myFICO TU: 676, myFICO EX: 678 (01/2013)
Latest Scores: myFICO EQ: 789, myFICO TU: 782, myFICO EX: 788
My Wallet: American Express BCE, NFCU cashRewards, Capital One Quicksilver, Discover It, Chase Freedom, Chase Amazon Rewards
Gardening since 02/07/17
Message 2 of 21
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Awesome job!  Portfolio is a tough nut to crack!

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 3 of 21
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Nice going, Congrats!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 4 of 21
chapal75
Established Member

Hi!

Congrats!!! Can you tell me what exactly did you put in your complaints with BBB? I am having same issue with PRA for a while now and thinking of trying the same approach.

Thanks in advance!

Message 5 of 21
sarahcatherinemay
Regular Contributor

Yayyy!!! Same thing just worked for us last week! BBB seems to be the way to go with these guys Smiley Happy Nice work! I seriously want to frame the letter from Portfolio Recovery stating deletion! Such a good feeling, isn't it?

Starting Score: 525
Current Score: EQ Fico 766 | TU Fico 715 | EX Fico 753
Goal Score: 800

Message 6 of 21
Jess421
Contributor

Great Job!!! I also took the BBB approach to getting them deleted.  I havent heard anything back yet, hopefully I will have the same luck!  Atleast you will see a nice increase in score!

Starting Score: CK 519 FICO 498
Current Score: 2/26/13 FICO 590 TU FAKO 639
Goal Score: 650

Message 7 of 21
Jslow
Valued Member

I tried the BBB approach with asset acceptance, the BBB told me they don't deal with collection agencies and to contact the Ftc, weird...
Message 8 of 21
sarahcatherinemay
Regular Contributor

@Jslow That's very weird - They deal with all businesses and there was a section for collections - I would try using the website if you went another route before!

Starting Score: 525
Current Score: EQ Fico 766 | TU Fico 715 | EX Fico 753
Goal Score: 800

Message 9 of 21
Jslow
Valued Member

The reply i recieved from the BBB:

Your complaint is not of the sort handled by the Better Business Bureau as the BBB does not handle:

Complaints based on collection of money for products or services with no underlying product or service issue; including collection of debts owed to the independent agents, contractors or vendors of a business.

Complaints that challenge the validity of local, state or federal law. For example, we would not accept a complaint against a cable company seeking a change in rates set by law. We would accept a complaint against a cable company alleging that its charges were inaccurately computed in accordance with applicable rates.

Please contact the FTC at www.ftc.gov for next steps and options they may have available to you.

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.