cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yet another "blacklist" thread-any chances that I can be forgiven?

tag
AgentT
Established Member

Yet another "blacklist" thread-any chances that I can be forgiven?

I fly with American Airlines a lot.  As a result, I've always wanted to have a citiaadvantage card to accumulate miles.  Unfortunately, I had a Sears card (which apparently is under the citi umbrella) charged off in 06'.  It remains unpaid, but it has fallen off of my CR. It first went in deliquent in 05'.  I was a young, silly college student. 

I've heard some talk about a citibank card "blacklist."  What are the chances that enough time has passed for "forgiveness" so to speak?  Or should I just forget it and look for another travel reward card?

Thanks you.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
AgentT
Established Member

Re: Yet another "blacklist" thread-any chances that I can be forgiven?

I wanted to add that this was my only charge off that is unpaid because of tactics by LVNV.  I got turned off and held a grudge.  Silly, I know...

Message 2 of 7
guiness56
Epic Contributor

You can always contact the OC and see if you can pay them and allow you to get another card.

Message 3 of 7
AgentT
Established Member

I didn't know this could be done.  If I knew it were an option, I would have tried it long ago.  Would the tradeline be put back on my credit report if I made this attempt?

Message 4 of 7
bahbahd
Established Contributor

The OC cannot accept any payment if the debt has been sold and they are reporting a $0 balance.

Message 5 of 7
AgentT
Established Member

Wait a minute, I have an American Airlines card.  Isn't this card regulated by citibank.  When I checked my inquiry report, I see cbna which stands for citibank North America.  Perhaps I'm not blacklisted at all.

Message 6 of 7
AgentT
Established Member

Nevermind, I looked further and it likely stands for Credit Bureau of North America Smiley Frustrated

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.