Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You guys ROCK!

tag
dstew201
Regular Contributor

You guys ROCK!

I've been lurking the forums off and on for months, and finally decided to use your advice.  I had 4 Capital One accounts, each charging interest AND an AF!!  I called the Cap1 CSR today and was able to convert\upgrade 3 cards into Cap1 QuickSilver cards, with a waived AF and 1.5% rewards!  Next I was able to combine two of the cards, bringing my credit line up and reducing my utilization.   I am in the process of transferring the 3rd cards balance to my new card and then will combine the remaining two Cap1 cards, hopefully, further reducing my util% !!

I'm in the slow phase of rebuilding again, so far I was approved for a Gold card (15k) and Discover  (10k), finally two major (for me) cards.   I still have to pay down Paypal, Amazon, and Best Buy.   I also am an authorized user on my wife's cards, so we're both trying to tighten up our spending.  Plan is to be close to 20% overall util by spring 2016!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
titanofold
Established Contributor

Re: You guys ROCK!

Woohoo! That's great to see!

Scores2013-09-21Current
Equifax630 (LP)755 (CK)/749 (Quizzle)
Experian640 (FCR)FICO 707 (Amex)
TransUnion588 (CK)FICO 754 (Barclaycard)
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.