cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You know you've finished "rebuilding" when...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: You know you've finished "rebuilding" when...

my score was on the 568's I got pre approval First Premier Platinum MasterCard with a $300 CL $79 fee back on 2014 yep apply to rebuild my credit helped a lot , i knew that I finished rebuilding my credit. pre approval Capital One buypower mc with no anual fee , apply got $750 =) , then click the magic button my capital one quicksilver one raise credit limit. I have my firts $1500 credit limit card , so happy called First Premier Platinum MasterCard to cancel,reason getting cards with no anual fee =) 

Message 11 of 17
Legen_dary
Frequent Contributor

First Premier and Credit One still send me stuff weekly. Goes straight to the shredder.

Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wanted to update ..since i replied to this thread..thanks to everyones words of encouragement..i waited till all balances were reported and applied for barclays and discover..barclays denied ..called recon and was rols they need to see 6 more months of usage on new accounts...BUT was approved for discover it with a 1600 limit..my biggest yet..thanks everyone
Message 13 of 17
Creditwiser
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Wanted to update ..since i replied to this thread..thanks to everyones words of encouragement..i waited till all balances were reported and applied for barclays and discover..barclays denied ..called recon and was rols they need to see 6 more months of usage on new accounts...BUT was approved for discover it with a 1600 limit..my biggest yet..thanks everyone

Congrats on your Discover app !!

NFCU Visa 30k | NFCU Platinum 30k | Cap1 QS 12K | Cap1 QS 11.5K | Barclay MC 9k | Delta Gold Amex 30K | Discover IT 14K | CFNA FS 3200 | CareCredit 20k| Paypal Credit 5k |
Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on Discover!  I started rebuilding, and was getting the awesome personal loan letter, and the predatory lender letters for a while.  Then, a few weeks ago, I got the CitiBank Double Cash "pre" letter. 

Good luck to you!!  Cap1 Pre-approvals are (onine) are about 90% reliable too....if you are still looking for any credit.

Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Look at my scores and look at my cards - 

I was preapproved for the two Cap 1 cards, was not pre approved for citi and got a $3500 SL.

Just because you are not preapproved does not mean you will not be approved.

Do the Cap 1 preqaul site, once for rebulding, once for good and once for excellent. If anything comes up, go for it!

I went from a $500 secured card to what you see in my sig in a 5 month time span. My only regret is opening those "shopping cart trick" cards, and applying for QS1 instead of QS.

@Anonymous wrote:
Sorry for bringing this thread back up but after a year and a half of rebuilding and current scores in the 650s for all 3...i received a preapproved offer from first premiere with a credit limit of 700$ with a 175$ annual fee!!

So frustrated right now..not that i am in need of any new credit right now but just seeing this disheartens me...hope in the next 6 months to a year i start getting preapprovals for slightly better cards.

Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

+1,000,000

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.