cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zombie Debt Knocked me 45 Points - Pay for Delete?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Zombie Debt Knocked me 45 Points - Pay for Delete?

I had a Portfolio Recovery from 2014 for a $300 Capital One CC I dropped when life threw me under the bus. Anyway was over 700 after two years working on score and this hits. I tried fighting Portfolio but they mailed me the proof.

Anyway, I am doing much better now and would like to go back above 700. Should I ask in writing for a pay for delete or make an offer on the debt for it to show as paid?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Zombie Debt Knocked me 45 Points - Pay for Delete?

You want it deleted at all costs. I just got a collection removed 1 and half years later after I PIF. They promised they would remove - I got taken to the cleaners!!!

You get EVERYTHING in WRITING! Don’t let them play games. Bump that.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

No games to worry about - Portfolio has recently changed their policy to auto delete once you’ve paid. Pay it off and it’ll go away on its own and you’ll be back in business.
Message 3 of 5
DonFico

I concur... I paid my Portfolio Recovery (Capital One) collections a few months ago. I called and simplely paid in full. I didn't ask for a PFD. It orginally staid on my credit as a paid collections for a few months, and then disappreaded altogether  from all of my credit reports. I don't recall seeing much of a difference in my FICO scores afterwards though...

Message 4 of 5
Ardecko
Frequent Contributor

"I don't recall seeing much of a difference in my FICO scores afterwards though..."

If you had other collections/90+ day lates on your reports, you wouldn't until they also came off.
2017-09-09 FICO 08: EQ 677, TU 640, EX 705
2020-02-07 FICO 08: TU 789
2020-02-10 FICO 08: EX 752

Gardening, mostly, again until... soon(I need to replace my car)

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.