Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

accounts reporting late

tag
afbar1114
Valued Contributor

accounts reporting late

i have three accounts that are reporting late they were all charged off and all paid in full but the accounts are not reporting paid in full. every time i dispute it i reports as late. how do i get this to update? i have tried good will letters but they didnt work. should i contact OC and have them update all reports?

AMEX PRG; AMEX EveryDay $14,800; Freedom $6k; Sapphire $7k; IHG Select $5k; Discover $2,400; BofA Better Balance $9,100; Bank Americard $5,900; Citi DC $2,700; Citi Diamond $2,500; BestBuy $20,000; Amazon Prime $5k, United Club $15,000; Home Depot $20,000; Barclays $7,500

Total Credit Limits: $122,650
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: accounts reporting late

If the debt has been paid, the creditor must report a current status of "paid."  When you say it is not reporting "paid in full," what do you mean?

Paid is paid.  Are they additionally reporting that it was settled for less than the full amount?

As for the lates, what is reporting?  Are they just updating the fact of old, prior lates, or are they actually reporting new lates with new dates?

For any issue of inaccuracy of reported information, I would file a direct dispute with the OC, requiring them to investigate and respond within 30-days and put the fact of their investigation and the results of their verification in writing.  No need to ask for their GW in resolving their own inaccuracies.

Message 2 of 8
afbar1114
Valued Contributor

updated with new lates and new dates. and with CO's not its hurting my scores and reports. i just sent out new GW's and i am disputing it for the 2 time in two months. now i need to go over every other report and dispute them as well. they are reporting as a charge off and not paid. 

AMEX PRG; AMEX EveryDay $14,800; Freedom $6k; Sapphire $7k; IHG Select $5k; Discover $2,400; BofA Better Balance $9,100; Bank Americard $5,900; Citi DC $2,700; Citi Diamond $2,500; BestBuy $20,000; Amazon Prime $5k, United Club $15,000; Home Depot $20,000; Barclays $7,500

Message 3 of 8
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

This happened to me about a month ago.

I disputed online with EQ, they were reporting 28lates after the CO.(I paid the CA, so I guess it's a paid CO).

The reason why I disputed, it was 2 yrs passed the CRTP. EQ verified in 3 days,on a Friday. Said it was reporting correctly.

The DoFD clearly said 2003.I called on Monday. EQ said "they updated my CR on Sat. and deleted the CO",but the web site still showed the CO. I explained this to them and they said "they would mail me a new updated CR".  

Well all great now, it's gone. SW gave me a Score change alert, score was 693 now 733. WooHoo !!

How this happened, my SW 1 year ending in March 2010, the CO was set to drop off the next month,in April 2010.

I assumed it dropped off. I started SW again in Feb this year and to my surprise the CO didn't drop off.

Now you know the rest of the story. My surprise was....how much lates after CO,was hurting my CS,40pts  Smiley Surprised

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 4 of 8
afbar1114
Valued Contributor

@LIGHTNIN wrote:

This happened to me about a month ago.

I disputed online with EQ, they were reporting 28lates after the CO.(I paid the CA, so I guess it's a paid CO).

The reason why I disputed, it was 2 yrs passed the CRTP. EQ verified in 3 days,on a Friday. Said it was reporting correctly.

The DoFD clearly said 2003.I called on Monday. EQ said "they updated my CR on Sat. and deleted the CO",but the web site still showed the CO. I explained this to them and they said "they would mail me a new updated CR".  

Well all great now, it's gone. SW gave me a Score change alert, score was 693 now 733. WooHoo !!

How this happened, my SW 1 year ending in March 2010, the CO was set to drop off the next month,in April 2010.

I assumed it dropped off. I started SW again in Feb this year and to my surprise the CO didn't drop off.

Now you know the rest of the story. My surprise was....how much lates after CO,was hurting my CS,40pts  Smiley Surprised

how can i get it updated to show that its not late. i am disputing it and everytime they update it. it shows a late so i have 4 lates in the past year when in fact it wasnt late at all since it was paid off  and it shows a CO as well. i just wrote some GW's lets see if that works as well. maybe ill just get it deleted. my score is 650 now so a 40 point jump would be really nice. 

Message 5 of 8
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Yes. I believe those lates are hurting your score.

From what I understand, how it works is....the OC can report lates after the CO, up until the account is sold or paid.

And as you know already, the lates drop off on the 7 year anniversay of that date.

I think it's unfair, the reporting of the CO is enough to hurt a CS, reporting lates after a CO is just being mean.

Check your CR's, make sure there are no lates reported, after you the debt.

So sending GW's is a good idea. Smiley WinkI hope it works for you.I wish you the best of luck. Let us know.

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 6 of 8
afbar1114
Valued Contributor

@LIGHTNIN wrote:

Yes. I believe those lates are hurting your score.

From what I understand, how it works is....the OC can report lates after the CO, up until the account is sold or paid.

And as you know already, the lates drop off on the 7 year anniversay of that date.

I think it's unfair, the reporting of the CO is enough to hurt a CS, reporting lates after a CO is just being mean.

Check your CR's, make sure there are no lates reported, after you the debt.

So sending GW's is a good idea. Smiley WinkI hope it works for you.I wish you the best of luck. Let us know.

looked at my reports from TU and EQ . only EQ is showing like this. i have been denined for a GW from GE. cap1 i havent heard anything yet, and i need to find out for credit first NA as i need to mail them stuff again. 

Message 7 of 8
Adalen
Frequent Contributor

I have an account that is showing like this on EQ, too.  It's weird because every month after the CO is counted as a late, up until the account was paid with a completely differen agency.  So I have 19 lates on one account, even when I was making payments to the CA, the account was showing CO lates.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.