Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

annualcreditreport.com alternative??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

annualcreditreport.com alternative??

Fellow Members,

Does anyone know of a good annualcreditreport.com alternative? An alternative that will show me my DOFD and the projected date the DEROG is due to fall off..

I had my reports from annualcreditreport.com saved on my Desktop but it crashed and i had to reformat the harddrive so i lost everything and need to get it back because 1 of my DEROG's is with a pretty shady CA and they have already tried to ( REAGE ) a DEROG but because i had the proof TU took it off..

So now that this DEROG that they hold is due to drop soon, I would like to have my reports with that info so if that CA trys to pull that again with this last DEROG i will have all the proof i need to dispute it, report them OR take legal action.

Thanks In Advance. 

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: annualcreditreport.com alternative??

You'll have to order a hard copy direct from the Bureaus. Unfortunately it won't be free.

Message 2 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

A consumer also has the right under FCRA 609(a)(1) "all information in the consumer's file at the time of the request."

Whenever you need any info that is not normally provided in a commercial credit report, you can either order a report from the CRA or you can send a section 609(a) request to the CRA for only that specific info.

The DOFD is required to have been reported to the CRA by a debt collector no later than 90 days after they report their collection, so it must be in your credit file.

You can send the CRA a request under FCRA 609(a)(1) for the reported DOFD.

Section 609(a) requests, however, are not free.  They must be accompanied by the current CRA processing fee, which is currently $11.00.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry for the inconvenience @Shawn but ish happens.
No biggie ( except a few bucks)... it's always a good (maybe cause I'm old) to maintain physical hard copies IMO during (and after for awhile)of reports and issues you're fighting....
You never know when you may need/want to mail off a copy or have something notarized etc.

I like those folders with 3 ring binder holes, label everything...that way you have a printed copy ( or two)...it gives up the ability to write notes, circle, mark up one and still have a clean one + whatever you might have online just FYI in the future.

* With all these breaches and crashes folks are gonna see the wisdom of keeping hard copy files, so the Russians, Chinese or whomever can't hack 'em anyway.... course then we have to watch out for the floods, hurricanes and 🔥....hell maybe we're just screwed, who knows 😂
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everyone for all the advice.

Message 5 of 6
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

I don't always print out my reports, but I do make sure at least 1 copy is on a different computer or laptop and a copy is burned on a CD/DVD and stored in my lockbox where all of my important papers are. Just giving you some ideas for future reference.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.