Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

another utilization question

tag
phillyguy12
Frequent Contributor

another utilization question

i see a few questions about utilization but didn't find the answer i was looking for, so sorry if this is answered else where.  i know utilization is bal, to limit, but is it just total bal, to total limits or is it a combo of both total and individual.  also if any one has any insight into charge cards play into utilization i would apperciate the info, i believe its based of largest past bal

limit                      bal

1200                    100

1300                    150

2100                    500

1100                      50

npsl                      350-avg monthly higest past bal $700 

Amx BCE-25k,Amx Zync-NSPL
Barclay's Mastercard-13.5k
Credit Union Visa-1k
Discover-24k, Khols-2k
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
p-
Valued Contributor

Re: another utilization question

@phillyguy12 wrote:

i see a few questions about utilization but didn't find the answer i was looking for, so sorry if this is answered else where.  i know utilization is bal, to limit, but is it just total bal, to total limits or is it a combo of both total and individual.  also if any one has any insight into charge cards play into utilization i would apperciate the info, i believe its based of largest past bal

limit                      bal

1200                    100

1300                    150

2100                    500

1100                      50

npsl                      350-avg monthly higest past bal $700 

It's my understanding that utilization is looked at two different ways: Number of cards with a balance, and percentage of avilable credit used.

I personally have had the best results when only one card shows a balance, and that balance is less than 5% of my total available credit.  

@distantarray recently posted a graph made by Bobwang from Creditboards in this thread and it shows the utilization effect on different credit profiles.  Very useful information.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.