Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

authorized user question?

tag
tommysofly
Established Member

authorized user question?

I have a question regarding authorize user.

My credit score is around 510 right now
i have about 5 credit card in collection.
I want to rebuild my credit. I have a good friend that has good credit and is willing to add my as authorized user so i can rebuild my credit.

My question is if i owed well fargo credit card and its in collection for 800$. If my friend add me to his well fargo credit card as a authorize user will they closed his account?

I talk to a credit repairing company and they told me if he add me to his account as authorize user they might closed his account. They tell me to settle the debt first before adding as authorize user.

His credit is in the 780 and i dont want to well fargo to closed his account because he want to help me.

If anyone have experience being add on to as an authorize user, with a company that you have in collection please tell me if i should do it.

Thank in advance.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: authorized user question?

I dont think anybody can answer your question with any degree of certainty 

There are three possible situations, they may allow you to be added, they may close the card or simply don't allow you to be added. 

I would leave AU account alone and deal with those collections. They are what's holding your scores down. 

Message 2 of 4
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

I would not try to AU with any banks you owe money to.

You have quite a friend, you should not risk anything.

GL!

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 3 of 4
tommysofly
Established Member

Thank you guys for the reply

I will hold off adding as a AU because i dont want to risk the credit card company closing my friend account
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.