Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can someone clear up for me????

tag
mrhg310
Established Member

can someone clear up for me????

I went to myfico and my equifax score is 665/trans 653. Then i went to equifax and my credit score is 584/trans 595? I don't get it. Which one is accurate. Im waiting to get over 600 so i can buy a house(fha loan) but it just seems that equifax gives you a lower score. so which one is right? myfico or equifax?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
FicoMiko
Established Member

Re: can someone clear up for me????

When you went to Equifax did you do their FICO or their FAKO?

2018 TU: 576
2018 EQ: 547
2018 EX: 539
2019 TU: 685
2019 EQ: 690
2019 EX: 685
Message 2 of 8
dddewdrop
Valued Contributor

You have to make sure you are looking at real fico scores. I know for a fact that on equifax you cannot get access to a real TU fico score. On this site you can purchase real fico scores for eq and tu individually or through the scorewatch monitoring product. On equifax website the only real fico score you can purchase is an equifax fico score.

Message 3 of 8
dodfire
Valued Contributor

MyFico score is accurate...I also use the EQ site....When I purchase the FICO score from EQ it mirrors the MyFico score. However on EQ if you just refresh your score - the free one..you are going to get the FAKO score.

*8/10/13
Message 4 of 8
mrhg310
Established Member

did not get score watch, just a regular score check. Last month i updated my fico score on equifax and it was 659, im comfused which is the right one?????

Message 5 of 8
dodfire
Valued Contributor

If you get the regular EQ score it is going to be a FAKO score.

When you make your purchase make sure it is the FICO.

*8/10/13
Message 6 of 8
mrhg310
Established Member

thanks.

i know the difference now.

Message 7 of 8
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Always go by what the Fico score is!!! 90% of lenders use fico scoring to determine credit worthiness. Score watch on EQ is the same as scorewatch here and will give you a fico score. The other score will be a fako. You can get TU quarterly monitoring from here and get your TU Fico. 

P.S. Welcome to the forums!!!

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.