Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

card use advice?

tag
buildafico
Frequent Contributor

card use advice?

Now that I'm back on the credit scene, I aquired a Secured Mastercard, an unsecured Credit One Visa, and just recently a Barclay Rewards Mastercard. Sort of Shocked at the last one. I had heard that the utilization is super important to Barclays and mines at like 0 or 1%. The thing is though I'm not sure why I got approved, I have 8 inq's on TU at the time, 6 on EX, and I'm actually not sure how many on EQ. I have 2 dergoatories on EX and 1 public record on TU. 100% on time payments since I messed up my credit. 579 EX score and 582 TU. I know they pulled TU report. I hear they deny people with credit a lot better than mine, i'm terrified they'll pull my account. Smiley Indifferent

anyone have a barclays rewards card, provided they let me keep it, ha- best course of action on using it? leave it alone? carry a balance? low utilization high utilization? I usually PIF card balances, but you know barclays is paranoid and such.

some textsome textsome textsome textsome textsome textsome textsome textsome text>some text
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: card use advice?

We have a thread going to debunk Barclay card and I think what you find will answer your questions 

Short version they like you carrying a balance during the 0% term 

They like BT's 

It's good reading and informative 

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Barclay-CC-let-s-put-our-heads-together/m-p/2297693#M64...

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.