Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: charge offs deleted

yea i use credit karma and its due to be updated tomorrow it says

Message 11 of 24
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Removal of reported derogs or of the entire account could occur either due to exclusion of the informaton by the CRA under the exclusion requirement of the FCRA, or by the explicit reporting by the creditor of deletion of the information or the entire account.

CRA exclusion occurs at approx 7 years from the reported DOFD, but is not required until after 7 years plus 180 days from DOFD.

The exact date of exclusion by each CRA thus has some flexibility, and can vary by up to 6 months.

If the removal was due to reporting of deletion by the creditor, it can occur at any time. 

When you see removal substantially earlier than 7 years from the DOFD, it is almost always a result of the creditor deciding, for whatever reason, to report deletion, and not upon the CRA excluding the information based on their credit report exclusion requirements.

What is the reported DOFD?

Message 12 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@RobertEG wrote:

Removal of reported derogs or of the entire account could occur either due to exclusion of the informaton by the CRA under the exclusion requirement of the FCRA, or by the explicit reporting by the creditor of deletion of the information or the entire account.

CRA exclusion occurs at approx 7 years from the reported DOFD, but is not required until after 7 years plus 180 days from DOFD.

The exact date of exclusion by each CRA thus has some flexibility, and can vary by up to 6 months.

If the removal was due to reporting of deletion by the creditor, it can occur at any time. 

When you see removal substantially earlier than 7 years from the DOFD, it is almost always a result of the creditor deciding, for whatever reason, to report deletion, and not upon the CRA excluding the information based on their credit report exclusion requirements.

What is the reported DOFD?

it was due to fall off in 18 more months

Message 13 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

well as of today its still only deleted on my experian report so i guess they didnt delete it off my EQ guess ill give it another week or two ive decided to stop asking for GW if it turns out it was only deleted off my ex dont want them to readd it

Message 14 of 24
Brooklyn2018
Valued Contributor

GW’s are just that. You are asking a huge favors your creditor to delete their entry from your credit report. IMHO, being upset isn’t going to change anything, though, very understanding. Give it a few more weeks and see what happens(?) Is wait at least another 45 days and start another GW campaign. Hopefully, by then it’ll land on another desk and it may be granted then, or never? Give it some more time and go from there.
For what it’s worth? I’m STILL waiting 5 MONTHS on a deletion that hasn’t happened yet. But, I’m not giving up hope And nor should you.

Good Luck🤞

😊

Goal Score: 600(within a year)**MET MY GOAL** | Goal Score: 700**MET MY GOAL** | Goal score: 800
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

>

I❤️NY
Message 15 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

in georgia its 6yrs not 7yrs

Message 16 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

in georgia its 6yrs not 7yrs

are you sure about that?

Message 17 of 24
Brooklyn2018
Valued Contributor

Found this on a thread(didn’t know how to post any other way, sorry)

Georgia law concerning SOL is complicated and there has been much controversy over whether a credit card is an open ended agreement or a contractual agreement.

The closest thing I have found searching case law is: Hill v. American Express, Court of Appeals of Georgia No. A07A2338. 289 Ga. App. 576; 657 S.E.2d 547, January 24, 2008.

Here is part of the opinion.
---------------------------------------------------------

Opinion: Andrews, Presiding Judge.

American Express sued Ricky Hill to recover $ 47,716.44 in unpaid credit card charges. Hill did not dispute that he owed money, but contended that the applicable statute of limitation barred suit on all but a small portion of the amount claimed. The trial court held that the six-year statute of limitation for simple contracts applied in this case and granted American Express's motion for summary judgment and denied Hill's motion for summary judgment. We agree that the statute of limitation in this case is six years and affirm.

All actions upon simple contracts in writing shall be brought within six years after the same become due and payable. However, this Code section shall not apply to actions for the breach of contracts for the sale of goods under Article 2 of Title 11 or to negotiable instruments under Article 3 of Title 11. OCGA § 9-3-24.

Goal Score: 600(within a year)**MET MY GOAL** | Goal Score: 700**MET MY GOAL** | Goal score: 800

>

I❤️NY
Message 18 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Brooklyn2018, the SOL was not being questioned, but how long after the DoFD until a derog is excluded from CR, specifically in Georgia.
Message 19 of 24
Brooklyn2018
Valued Contributor

@Cole615
+1

Understood.

I was just stating the SOL so leemajors wasn’t confused on the CRTP of 7-7.5 yrs of complete exclusion from CR’s.

I interpreted that way fhe the last two replies. Just clarifying the possible confusion leemajors might have had...or not??

😊

>

I❤️NY
Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.