Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

citibank credit card/ shell account

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

citibank credit card/ shell account

I recently was denied credit for a home improvement loan because citibank who owns the shell gas credit card, reported to the CRA's an $8.00 balance that was more than 30 days overdue that I was not aware of.  I of course paid the $8.00 balance as soon as I became aware, but my credit score went from 720 to 624 on transunion and to 657 on equifax overnight.  Is there anyway to rectify this and get it deleted from my credit report.  I called shell credit and they were sympathetic and said that they would put in a referral for the next billing cycle but that it didn't guarantee that it would be removed.  Any other ideas?  I think it is ridiculous that my credit score suffered a nearly 100 point drop over $8.00.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: citibank credit card/ shell account

If it was legitmately more than 30 days past its billing due date, the reporting would be accurate.

GW requests would then be the remaining avenue.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unfortunately it is accurate. I paid off the balance of the card in march and didn't realize that they tacked on a minimum interest charge of 2.00. I get paperless Billing from them and when the next 2 estatements came I just deleted them thinking it would just say I had a zero balance. My bad on that. How do I go about a goodwill adjustment? What are the odds they'll honor it? And how long will this ask take? Thanks!
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sent you a PM Smiley Wink

I had one 30-day and one 60-day due to changing jobs/moving from 2 years ago.  I phoned twice to no avail then sent a GW letter.  Within a week they had removed both baddies without notification to me.  As stated above, unfortunately it's all up to goodwill from the OC.  Explain your situation in the GW letter and hopefully it will sit correctly with the individual reading it.

Cheers and chin up!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.