Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

clearing charge offs

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

clearing charge offs

where do I go to start clearing charge off thats paid in full?
:AtomicElement>:AtomicElement> 
:AtomicElement>My ex-wife and I had a discover card 10 years ago, it was for 3000 dollar credit limit, we paid it down to half and ran into finacial problems that eventually led to us getting seperated. this report is still on my record stating that I owe over $5000. :AtomicElement>
:AtomicElement>I contacted the agency and they will not work with me on this matter, what do I do now?:AtomicElement>
:AtomicElement>Careyall:AtomicElement>
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
creditwize

Re: clearing charge offs

Hello careyall and welcome to the forum. The only thing you can do at this point is to write a goodwill letter to the original creditors asking them to remove the chargeoff off the credit report. Did you settle the account for half of the original debt? If so, it should say that it was paid and settled for less than full amount in the notes. It should show $0 balance.
7/19: TU 532, EX 546, EQ 592
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

You say 10 years. Is this when the account was opened or went delinquent?

Who is reporting the account? Is the OC reporting a $0 balance?

Look on your reports(reports directly from the CRA) and what is the DOFD or fall off date for this?

What is your DOLA and SOL?

Find SOL here -

Guide to Common Abbreviations-

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

creditwize wrote:
Hello careyall and welcome to the forum. The only thing you can do at this point is to write a goodwill letter to the original creditors asking them to remove the chargeoff off the credit report. Did you settle the account for half of the original debt? If so, it should say that it was paid and settled for less than full amount in the notes. It should show $0 balance.

GW is only for paid collections/charge offs.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.