cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

collection almost 7 yrs old? what to do?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

collection almost 7 yrs old? what to do?

Hi:

I have a collection account on Equifax from EOS CCA / Sprint according to credit report DOFD 11/2005.

It is a fraudulent account.

I contacted Sprint and sent fraud letter to them, and also to EOS for same reason.

It has been 2 months since , and have not heard from them.

Should I continue fighting them?

Is it worth the time ? 

Would it impact my score by many points or not?

or , should i just wait for November to dissapear?

Regards,

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

Re: collection almost 7 yrs old? what to do?

If it was mine, given your efforts so far to get it deleted with no response, I'd just let it fall off at the 7 year mark. I mean you can fight it with CRA disputes and demand to delete letters and even a BBB complaint, I just don't think its worth it as far as credit scoring given its low impact (age).  

Message 2 of 9
namvet
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi:

I have a collection account on Equifax from EOS CCA / Sprint according to credit report DOFD 11/2005.

It is a fraudulent account.

I contacted Sprint and sent fraud letter to them, and also to EOS for same reason.

It has been 2 months since , and have not heard from them.

Should I continue fighting them?

Is it worth the time ? 

Would it impact my score by many points or not?

or , should i just wait for November to dissapear?

Regards,

I would just wait and let it become history.

Message 3 of 9
r1lukasz
New Contributor

I will fight it till its off report but its your credit and you can do whatever you want, just this month I was able to remove all negative accounts and my transunion ficco is 786!!!

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you need to request a line of credit before it's set to fall off I'd fight it.  I'd dispute with the CRA & the OC/CA at the same time and give the OC/CA 30 days to reply to you.

If you don't need a line of credit any time soon I'd leave it alone.

Personally, I'd dispute with the CRA and the CA/OC at the same time (Google 'Jack Attack Method' for this method).  I've done this and had good success so far, 2 out of 4 items that were due to fall off towards the end of this summer have already been removed from all 3 of my CRs.  1 came back verified and I'm just going to wait, the 4th has yet to reply.

Message 5 of 9
fused
Moderator Emeritus

@pipeguy wrote:

If it was mine, given your efforts so far to get it deleted with no response, I'd just let it fall off at the 7 year mark. I mean you can fight it with CRA disputes and demand to delete letters and even a BBB complaint, I just don't think its worth it as far as credit scoring given its low impact (age).  

+1!

Message 6 of 9
fused
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

If you need to request a line of credit before it's set to fall off I'd fight it.  I'd dispute with the CRA & the OC/CA at the same time and give the OC/CA 30 days to reply to you.

If you don't need a line of credit any time soon I'd leave it alone.

Personally, I'd dispute with the CRA and the CA/OC at the same time (Google 'Jack Attack Method' for this method).  I've done this and had good success so far, 2 out of 4 items that were due to fall off towards the end of this summer have already been removed from all 3 of my CRs.  1 came back verified and I'm just going to wait, the 4th has yet to reply.

Your post violates our Credit Repair Discussion Guidelines, Terms of Service, and User Guidelines that prohibit the promotion of certain types of credit repair. Please read these guidelines before posting anything further about credit repair.

Thanks for contributing to these forums and for your cooperation!

--fused, myfico moderator

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks to all for your replies...Smiley Happy

I decided, to wait for it to fall off.

Message 8 of 9
fused
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks to all for your replies...Smiley Happy

I decided, to wait for it to fall off.

Any collection that old should be LEFT ALONE!!!!!!!!Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.