Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

collection help

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

collection help

Ok so i have a credit score of 598 that has been improving this year with no late payments on anything. My balance on my only two cards are high compared to the limit but i can pay them down this month which should help. my biggest problem i think is a collection account on an unpayed credit card from years back that i have settled and have over the last 4months been paying them monthly. I pay 223 a month to them for two years i believe and the balance is under 4000 now. i was on free credit report before this not knowing that they werent alligned with fico and experian shows key deragatory on that account even though i have never missed a payment since it went to collections. it doesnt appear to show up on the equifax on myfico nor does it on my transunion on fcr.....just wondering if i should be worried about that key deragatory?
thanks
Ryan
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: collection help

KD will always be there, whether it is paid or not. It is based on the fact that it went to collections/CO .   What is the DOFD/DOLA of this account, when was your last payment and what state are you in? 
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: collection help

I live in virginia...im not too sure on the dofd im thinking in 2003-2004. it finally went to collections late in 2007 and i began paying monthly in january.  last payment made to collections was on apr 24th and payments come out on the 24th of every month. is it too late to ask the ra for a pfd?

also im wondering if a gw letter would help to toyota financial? I have been late 4times but once went 90 days back in early 2006. since then i was late once in 2007 30 days but am current and have been for 9months. would a gw letter help get the lates off of my report or should i still wait?
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.