Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

company that assists in repair

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

company that assists in repair

I am looking at a company that says they can get you to 720. I really don't owe alot. I have a few collections and 2 lines of credit that are small loans. I have been trying to get a house and they say get the score up and one said that I need to add another credit line. My middle score is 530. Please help before I fork out money for a program that I can do myself.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: company that assists in repair

Why would you consider a credit repair service???...especially if you say you don't owe a lot...I don't think NO ONE can get you to a 720 from a 530 in a short time frame...so why waste the money..post you collections account with details..to see can be done for you...you should always try SUPER hard..and read a lot..to try and do it yourself...
Message 2 of 6
cobra19
Valued Contributor

This sounds more like one of those companies that sells tl's. For $ XX, you become an AU of someone else's tl. Perfectly legal and legit. This method of increasing ones score has been available for quite a few years now.

Am I advocating it? No - but to each his/her own.

New York Yankees - 2009 World Series Champions. 27... and counting.....
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you haven't already, pull all 3 reports.

You get a free one from each CRA every 12 months at www.annualcreditreport.com

Look them over with a close eye for any mistakes.

For collections/charge-offs you want to know DOFD, DOLA, and SOL for your state.

Ask any questions you have.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

they say they will help you with collections, inquiries, and they help you get a revolving credit line of $1000.00.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

angiesanchez wrote:
they say they will help you with collections, inquiries, and they help you get a revolving credit line of $1000.00.

Trying to get legit inquiries removed is not allowed.

As for collections, you can do that yourself.

You can also get yourself a revolving line of credit of $1000. Get a secured CC, deposit $1000 on it, there ya go.

Or, you could apply for a Crown Jewelers card, never heard of anyone getting approved for anything but $1500 and no credit check. You do have to buy before they report, they only report to TU and EX, and you have to make a small down payment on each purchase.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.