Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

crashing further, how to get back up

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

crashing further, how to get back up

husband owes massive child support, he just let my house go into foreclosure because it wasn't in his name.

since we have married, i have lost 2 credit cards to collections (paid off finally), a house that went into forclosure 6 months ago (because it wasn't 'his' home), now i have a lein on my minivan (citifinance sent to collections) now paying $400 month.

since we have been together (8 yrs) every single thing has been in my name...now my credit score in the past 4 years has gone from 750 to 615...

help....how can i get out of this mess....

Trans - 547
Equifax - 618
Experian - 615
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: crashing further, how to get back up

remove him from your accounts, kick him out, find a good lawyer.

Message 2 of 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

fred10 wrote:
husband owes massive child support, he just let my house go into foreclosure because it wasn't in his name.

since we have married, i have lost 2 credit cards to collections (paid off finally), a house that went into forclosure 6 months ago (because it wasn't 'his' home), now i have a lein on my minivan (citifinance sent to collections) now paying $400 month.

since we have been together (8 yrs) every single thing has been in my name...now my credit score in the past 4 years has gone from 750 to 615...

help....how can i get out of this mess....

Trans - 547
Equifax - 618
Experian - 615

Don't let him handle the finances. You need to take that over. Catch up on the payments and don't ever let him make a financial decision again with your money. Pay the house. Pay the car. If you don't have the income, increase it.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Timothy wrote:

I was just about to tell her to get rid of the dead weight..... you are correct Timothy!Smiley Wink
Message 4 of 6
mberry117
Regular Contributor

Thats what I did!!  Still climbing but I'm getting there.
Your Latest FICO® Scores
TransUnion 704 Date: 5/11/11
Equifax 666 Date: 5/11/11

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Timothy wrote:
BRAVO!

Your "husband" obviously has no respect for you, or himself!  Until he respects himself, he won't have a clue how to respect you!!  The key is to respect yourself enough to, as a previous post says, get rid of the dead weight.  If you have to, put a freeze on all your credit reports (or fraud alert) so that he can't gain access to YOUR credit anymore! 

After you kick him out, see if there is any way your mortgage lender, if it's not too late, can help you save YOUR home.  Find out if citi will help you make the payments on your van more manageable so you can get caught up on everything else.

Put an alert on any & all credit cards requiring them to check ID.  If he has cards on your accounts in his name, CUT THEM OFF! 

As llecs said, set everything so that he has no power to EVER make another financial decision on YOUR credit & YOUR money! 

Do these things TODAY or Monday morning!  That way, when you kick his behind to the curb, he won't have the ability to retaliate through your credit any further!

You can do this!  I'm sorry if this sounds callous, however, honey, you'll have time to grieve the loss later (like after business hours).  Right now, it's time to put your war face on and WIN! 
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.