cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

crazy denials...

ACM2015

crazy denials...

So Ive been reading this forum for a little over a year.  big fan.  Ive decided its time to pull on the forums infinite wisdom as my research skills only go so far.

I have a unique credit situation that requires a little finese.  In 2008 when the market fell off the cliff my student loan bank (dalton bank) also known as my rich uncle as seen in this article here (http://studentloansherpa.com/my-rich-uncle-banruptcy/) went under and in the middle of my semester I wasnt able to acquire new financing to continue my education as it was with an IV league and neither one of my parents could co-sign due to them being "disfunctional".  This was the only bank I could find where I could finance myself.  When dalton bank pulled funding I couldnt afford the semester so the school dropped me, charged me for the semester, took my staff and unstaff loans kept them without letting me finish, leaving me with a cash bill of 7 grand that needed to be paid that month.  I took on 3 jobs couldnt pay it back and live at the same time. couldnt finish the semester and this is where it all began snowballing.  Because I couldnt get back in all my loans started coming out of deferment while i was struggling to make 20 something k a year as a waiter with no clientel.  everything came to be to much for me I was 21 and was in over my head didn't understand how the systems worked to help myself out.  So I said F*** it.

fast forward to now I paid for my house in cash in the middle of the crisis by working 3 jobs.. etc.  an now have been trying to rebuild ... I have rehabbed my student loans but the old ones just sit there all the dates are inaccurate way past 7 years old but not dropping.. Ive trying certified mail disputes with nothing but the debt sticking the way it is.  Ive managed to do some cap 1 steps cl around 6500 with 3 years of pos payments. Purchased a car at 23% financing from a dealer(because I didnt wanna pay cash and not build credit)... just got it refied to 3.49% thank god... Credit unions say my auto fico is 720 when they pulled but I get denials from every CC company I try to sign up with (barclays, best buy, walmart, etc) I own my own business income 90k range fluctuates and I also work a night job for an additional 42k... help.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
ACM2015

Re: crazy denials...

quick additional information .. I signed up with lexington law to help get them removed but they are asking me how I want to proceed.. I kinda expected them to know the best path to proceed.

Message 2 of 3
NormanFH
Super Contributor

Re: crazy denials...

@ACM2015 wrote:

quick additional information .. I signed up with lexington law to help get them removed but they are asking me how I want to proceed.. I kinda expected them to know the best path to proceed.

I would start with an app for Capital One QS1 card. If denied, app for their secured card. If still no joy, app for an Open Sky card. Once it reports to your files, then try cap one again.

Most Recent FICO 8 Scores EX616/TU587/EQ607 01/09/2018 Starting scores 553/485/543 08/25//2017
~~~Credit lines~~~~
SDFCU VISA Secured $250
Discover Secured $200
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.