Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

credit karma

tag
focused1914
Regular Contributor

credit karma

I just checked my score on CK...   How correct is that score??   and is that score only from transunion??

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: credit karma

@focused1914 wrote:

I just checked my score on CK...   How correct is that score??   and is that score only from transunion??

You can get 2 different scores from CK- a TransRisk score which to my knowledge is not used by any lender and a VantageScore which is actually used by a few lenders.

So the TransRisk score is useless and the VS has some merit.

And all the information at CK is taken from your TU report.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 2 of 8
focused1914
Regular Contributor

oh ok.... not to bad i quess..   its saying 660 and myfica is 637.     got some work to do

Message 3 of 8
Denny33142
Regular Contributor

Credit Karma is actually good if you want to catch a glimpse of your credit report, it doesn't go into too much detail like the power report from here but it does give you a raw idea on how your credit report is looking, and you can pull a new report everyday for free, not bad at all.

The credit score however is a different story, my TU Fico has moved 40 points in the last 3 months but the Transrisk score of credit karma has stayed stuck at 605 for the same period.

What's funny is that for most people the Fako score is usually higher but for me its always lower on all 3 reports.

Message 4 of 8
fused
Moderator Emeritus

@Denny33142 wrote:

What's funny is that for most people the Fako score is usually higher but for me its always lower on all 3 reports.

That hasn't been the case for me. My Plus FAKOs have been lower than my FICOs, but that's a good thing.Smiley Wink

Message 5 of 8
snowangel
Frequent Contributor

The TransRisk score from CK is more on par with the TU fico I've gotten from lenders (in the poor category) and the the VantageScore is closer to the TU that I get from here (in the average category).  

EQ: 662 | TU: 682 | EX Plus: 764
SL baddies fall off between Jan '13 - Oct '14
Message 6 of 8
tubesock
Frequent Contributor

My 'myFICO' TU score and my Credit Karma score have always been exactly the same.

FicoTU 780 | Credit Karma 781 | Credit Sesame 780
EQ 673 Dec2011 | Current: 695 Nov2013 | Goal: 720+
UTL: 54% Dec2011 | Current UTL: 21% | Goal UTL: 0% June2014
AmxZync | CapOne 1k | Comenity 1.1k | Target 3k |NFCU Visasig 5k | Goodyear 5.8k | CitiSimplicity 10.2k
Sam'sClub 10k | AmxSpg 20k | Citi HiltonReserve 20k | DCU 20k | Chase RR Visasig 25k | NFCU Visasig 33k
Message 7 of 8
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

My FICO has usually been higher by 40-50 points off the TransRisk FAKO they offer when compared the same day. And usually my Vantage FAKO is higher by 30-40 when compared to TU FICO the same day, but lately my Vantage is actually LOWER than my TU FICO when compared the same time, despite the 501-990 range compared to FICO's 300-850.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.