Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

credit protection association?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: credit protection association?

Well the fact is I verified it is my debt, so I paid it. A clear conscience or the possibility of beating the system. I went with the clear conscience.

This JUST happened yesterday. Both of the entries were set to roll off in August. Unfortunately, we are buying a house, so it had to be taken care of.

TW, the OC, said it would be 4-6 weeks for this to cycle through the system to the CA. Can I call and push that along?

Message 21 of 78
ThePatronizer
Valued Member

I understand the clear conscience aspect, nor am I suggesting to ever try to get something deleted by dispute if it is rightfully you debt. That said, there is nothing wrong wth asking for the CA to delete a listing by accepting payment. In hindsight, I'm assuming you wish you would have done that. In addition, you said it was listed twice. Dispute it.

Your last post has me wondering a couple things though:

1) What do you mean they WERE set to roll off in August? Your recent payment has nothing to do with these TLs falling off.

2) Did you already lock a rate for your mortgage? If not, how much time do you have before the bank has to pull your report again?

I need a better explanation of your timeline (i.e. home close date, rate lock date by bank) because at this point I have no idea how important the next 4-6 weeks are for you.

In my honest opinion, I don't see how you would be able to push the OC for quicker turnaround on the paperwork. It sounds like the process has already started. So In this case a GW letter wouldn't be a viable option based on the fact that you need all this done in a month.

All that being said, your score will not budge if the CA is simply changing the debt to "Paid". It would have to be deleted completely to see any movement in your score. Sometimes your score can even go down when paying a CA. YMMV. If you're just trying to prove to the bank that you paid the debt, just get a payment confirmation.

Mar'12 ~ EQ 654, TU 655, EX 665 (Bank Pull: Kroll Factual Data)
Jun'12 ~ EQ 717 (SW), TU 708 (FICO Standard)
Message 22 of 78
2NE1
Established Contributor

Just pulled my brother's CR has a collection under this company showing on all three reports... this debt does not belong to him but to another family member that just happened to know his #SSN and opened a Comcast account under his name and has now fallen to collections. The debt seems to be $1,155. (HAHA) *sigh* how should I go about getting this removed? should I send a DV? it was place two years ago (3/11/2010) and last updated (5/29/2010). We never received a dunning notice either. He had no idea this was on his credit file. Any advice? thanks.

Message 23 of 78
Fresh101
Regular Contributor

@Fresh101 wrote:

All communication was done over the phone and they agreed to have the line removed from all 3 CRA's, which they did. It did took about 2 months for that to happen as removal request sometimes takes it days and not controlled by CA.

This company is not hard to work with and agree to delete, but if it's true the account is not yours than DV.

Starting: 547 +Score EX, 541 MyFico EQ,562 MyFico TU (Dec 2nd)

Current: 736 FCR "EX" (Nov. 5th), 668 MyFico "EQ" (Nov. 5th), 748 MyFico "TU" (Nov. 5th)

CC: BB&T $2,500 CL 3/2013, BarclayCard $3,000 CL 4/2013, WellsFargo $300 CL 7/2012 & Cap1 $451 CL 5/2012

Goal Score: 800's Rank
Message 24 of 78
Fresh101
Regular Contributor

@2NE1 wrote:

Just pulled my brother's CR has a collection under this company showing on all three reports... this debt does not belong to him but to another family member that just happened to know his #SSN and opened a Comcast account under his name and has now fallen to collections. The debt seems to be $1,155. (HAHA) *sigh* how should I go about getting this removed? should I send a DV? it was place two years ago (3/11/2010) and last updated (5/29/2010). We never received a dunning notice either. He had no idea this was on his credit file. Any advice? thanks.

Check PM

Starting: 547 +Score EX, 541 MyFico EQ,562 MyFico TU (Dec 2nd)

Current: 736 FCR "EX" (Nov. 5th), 668 MyFico "EQ" (Nov. 5th), 748 MyFico "TU" (Nov. 5th)

CC: BB&T $2,500 CL 3/2013, BarclayCard $3,000 CL 4/2013, WellsFargo $300 CL 7/2012 & Cap1 $451 CL 5/2012

Goal Score: 800's Rank
Message 25 of 78
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Everyone, 

I'm new to this and I just got off the phone with CPA, they informed me that my debt was final and that once in collections there is no way to have it removed from the bureaus. Can you all assist me with this?

My story is similar to most of yours, I thought I had returned all equipment and apparently I still had a balance of $222. I was never notified by comcast that I had an outstanding balance at all. I did move and cancel the service, but they still had a means to contact me to inform me of an outstanding balance. 

Message 26 of 78
kamyrick

Can someone PM me the email address used, I also need to do a PFD. Thanks

Starting Score: 564
Current Score: 605
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 27 of 78
Anonymous
Not applicable

Could you please PM me the contact info of the person you worked with at CPA? I have a small $200 bill that I'm willing to pay in full if they would delete off my reports, I just haven't had much luck. Please help!!!
Thanks in advance..
Message 28 of 78
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello!

I noticed you have worked with Credit Protection Association with positive results. I am needing them to delete an old cable bill from my credit reports, but I'm not having any luck Could you let me know who spoke with or emailed from that company? I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance!

Message 29 of 78
Meeza24
Established Member

If someone could PM me an email addess as well? Id like to send a DV to them

Message 30 of 78
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.