Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

creditor reopened account

tag
martypav7
Contributor

creditor reopened account

hi there! Small question on how to proceed. Long story short Petal CC offered settelment back in April 60% off original balance,i accepted and they closed account sent all paperwork- i was 90 days late at the moment. I paid same day offer was made, they reported 4 weeks later account closed per my request . Now this month i got email that my statement was ready, logged in and theres $9.99 charge on account and $2000 limit. Do i have any grounds to dispute their account reporting and request tradeline removal?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
JoeRockhead
Senior Contributor

Re: creditor reopened account

Yes. 

Any information reported inaccurately can be disputed.

Firstly, I'd contact them and ask What's going on.

Message 2 of 6
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@martypav7 wrote:

hi there! Small question on how to proceed. Long story short Petal CC offered settelment back in April 60% off original balance,i accepted and they closed account sent all paperwork- i was 90 days late at the moment. I paid same day offer was made, they reported 4 weeks later account closed per my request . Now this month i got email that my statement was ready, logged in and theres $9.99 charge on account and $2000 limit. Do i have any grounds to dispute their account reporting and request tradeline removal?

Was this a charge off? If so they closed the account. You didnt by request. Call and ask.

Message 3 of 6
martypav7
Contributor

It was not a charge off. I had January, February march lates (30,60,90 days) they offered settlement and I agreed to it.

Message 4 of 6
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@martypav7 wrote:

It was not a charge off. I had January, February march lates (30,60,90 days) they offered settlement and I agreed to it.

You settled for lates and they kept the account open?

Message 5 of 6
martypav7
Contributor

So I finally got response from Petal. According to them even if account is closed and another creditor attempts to charge card because they have it on file they are required to approve charges. Which doesn't make any sense, they advised to pay balance not to incur late payment report.

So unheard long story short as long someone tries to charge your closed credit card they will be approved

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.