Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

current, was 60 days past due

tag
sueblue34
Frequent Contributor

current, was 60 days past due

Last year, I was late on my auto loan last year. Since then I've brought my account current. I have about 5 payment left. I noticed that my credit report is still showing the 90 day late as current deliquency. In the Status area it says "current, was 60 days past due". This change only occured after I sent a GW letter to Cap1.

1. Is this dragging my score down?

2. Why doesnt it just list it as current?

3. What are my options now?

4. How will this laffect me after it is paid off?

Account Type
Auto Loan
Date Opened
Sep 1, 2012
Account Status
Open
Payment Status
Current, was past due 60 days
Status Updated
Feb 1, 2017
Usage
-
Balance
$2,618
Balance Updated
Mar 31, 2018
Original Balance
$20,080
Monthly Payment
$394
Past Due Amount
-
Highest Balance
-
Terms
73 Months
Responsibility
Individual
Your Statement
-
Comments
-
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: current, was 60 days past due

@sueblue34 wrote:

Last year, I was late on my auto loan last year. Since then I've brought my account current. I have about 5 payment left. I noticed that my credit report is still showing the 90 day late as current deliquency. In the Status area it says "current, was 60 days past due". This change only occured after I sent a GW letter to Cap1.

1. Is this dragging my score down?     Yes.

2. Why doesnt it just list it as current?  Because you were past due at some point in time and the creditor is reporting accurate information.

3. What are my options now? You can try to ask for GW deletion, however, they do not need to change anything, you were late. I have not had success with GW letters and find time works just fine. If it's your only derog, I would leave it alone and never be late again.

4. How will this laffect me after it is paid off? It will show in your payment history for up to 7 year's, as time goes on, it will effect your score less.

Account Type
Auto Loan
Date Opened
Sep 1, 2012
Account Status
Open
Payment Status
Current, was past due 60 days
Status Updated
Feb 1, 2017
Usage
-
Balance
$2,618
Balance Updated
Mar 31, 2018
Original Balance
$20,080
Monthly Payment
$394
Past Due Amount
-
Highest Balance
-
Terms
73 Months
Responsibility
Individual
Your Statement
-
Comments
-

Message 2 of 3
sueblue34
Frequent Contributor

Re: current, was 60 days past due

Thanks!

Yes this is my only baddie....... if I could get rid of this my report would be clean.

I've had a late before (already removed)and when I brought the account currcet the status didnt mention anything about the late it just updated the account to current. So I was just shocked that this account is updating the 90 day every month. Cap1  hasnt been bite the bullet for me and quite a few other people. So you maybe right to just sit it out.

Maybe I need to just let sleeping dogs lie and dont even continue trying to get a GW adjusment.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.