Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

debt recovery solution Medical collection under 100

tag
babdak2003

debt recovery solution Medical collection under 100

Hello

Today i got an alert that DRS put a medical collection of $87 on my equifax report. I'm in the process of having my house built and planning to close in Jan/Feb/March. How should I handle this?

1) Request for Pay for delete

2) If not pay for delete - Pay anyway

3) send a letter for debt validation

Please help as im very worried that this will impact my approval. As creditor told me that they will rerun my credit 30days before closing.

3 REPLIES 3
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: debt recovery solution Medical collection under 100

Who's the debt with? MD, Hospital, ect? FICO 8 should not have changed for a collection under $100. You can always go to the OC and pay them and ask to have the debt recalled first. If not call and ask for PFD since its so small.

Message 2 of 4
babdak2003

Hello

I dont know yet, just got the alert today;

Should I call tomorrow DRS and ask some details? and pay it off ?

Message 3 of 4
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

For such a small amount. I'd call and ask who are you collecting for. See if its even legit. Once you know who they're collecting for. Then ask for PFD if you PIF right then. If they say no. You now have who the OC is and call them and PIF and ask forthem to recall the debt. If that doesnt go. Google the HIPPA Process. We cant talk about it on the forum. Keep us updated. Good Luck and welcome to the forums!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.