Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

discover card problem!

tag
amersafe
Valued Member

discover card problem!

well i was a authorized user on my dads account he paid it off after having some last payments 30,60 and 120 past due which are showing on my CR so i call them with all the info and they are telling me they cant find the account in the system what should i do? this is crazy account paid off in 2008 (platinum card)  no record really so why is on my report

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Re: discover card problem!

File a dispute as "not mine" and it should be removed since it was your dads account. You can also call discover and speak with them to ask them to remove it since its not yours. Direct dispute letters sent certified mail to both discover and the credit bureau should get some results.
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 2 of 5
amersafe
Valued Member

thanks, i just found out that capital one took over discover so i am going to contact them first

Message 3 of 5
Rain77
Frequent Contributor

@amersafe wrote:

thanks, i just found out that capital one took over discover so i am going to contact them first

Where did you get this info from? AFAIK they are still two separate credit issuers and not merged. 

Last HP 8/29/14

Message 4 of 5
amersafe
Valued Member

yes you are correct a friend told me that...he was really thinking about merril &BoA..thanks i went the dispute route

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.